Feeling pleased

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sadsac

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/Her
I was diagnosed (hba1c -114) in January, a huge shock and the doctors were very keen for me to take all sorts of drugs. I refused and said I would like to try and sort things with diet.
I bought a glucose monitor, which to start off with was reading between 15 and 20. i have been on a low carb diet and so far have lost only 6kg but BG readings are now between 7 and 10.
I have just been for my three month Hba1C test and it is now 57.
I’m feeling a little pleased with myself not sure what the surgery feel as they don’t want to see me until 12/6 to discuss things. they aren’t going to try and push tablets on me this time.

Well done on a fantastic HbA1c reduction and best of luck maintaining your success with your diabetes management.

Well done on your success.
I got a good result and went from 55 to 42. I started to drink alcohol again and the weather has stopped me walking much.
I am worried that I will slip back into my old ways! So I am restricting my self to 2 bottles of wine a week and no whisky!
I mention this to you in case you take the foot off the pedal! It seems this diet/lifestyle is forever and not just until a good result. So tonight its a 3 mile walk after tea! Tea being mince with lentils and peas! and a glass of water.

That's a great drop @Sadsac and almost exactly mirrors my own diabetes journey - 114 at diagnosis, 56 after next test 3 months later, and for all bar the first 6 weeks that was with diet and exercise and no meds. Keep doing what you're doing and please keep us posted.

Excellent work and so happy that you were able to do this on your own terms, nothing more liberating than that 🙂

Excellent work and so happy that you were able to do this on your own terms, nothing more liberating than that 🙂
I amstruggling to be a good boy this week. Stopped the alcohol and biscuits until the weekend and have done a couple of walks. Ok with the low carb food. Problem is can I keep this up forever!

Excellent work!
Well done.

Well done, that’s an amazing achievement. I’m on a similar journey, be great to know your meals on an average day🙂
My meals now consist of very few carbs. I have swapped rice for cauliflower rice, I bought a spiraliser and now instead of pasta I have courgetti. If I have potatoes they are usually a small baked potato. All great but I do miss a take away but that just sends my readings sky high .
Good luck on your journey

I amstruggling to be a good boy this week. Stopped the alcohol and biscuits until the weekend and have done a couple of walks. Ok with the low carb food. Problem is can I keep this up forever!
I know the feeling. I do wonder if this can be forever and there is so much that I miss and feel that I’m stopping the rest of the family eating. They all decided to cut out take away, high carb meals etc to support me. Really love them all for it but do feel guilty. I have found that a vodka and Diet Coke doesn’t seem to affect me
Good luck. You’ve managed so far you can keep going.

It was recycling day last week. There are already 3 empty bottles of wine and I have drunk half a bottle of whisky in a week. Teetotal for 48 hours already - I have had a word with myself! Its maybe not too bad for T2 but my liver probably needs a rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back