Feeling Low

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trisha66

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Tested positive for covid on Thursday and feeling really low. My appetite is non existent and my mouth is constantly dry even after drinking loads of water. My BG is between 8 and 12 and I'm exhausted all the time. Can anyone recommend what I could do to improve my appetite and manage my diabetes (type 2). Thank you.

Not had covid yet but maybe a light diet? Depends on what symptoms you have at the moment? Levels are bound to be off when do unwell.

Thank you for your reply. I'm just feeling a bit sorry for myself at the moment. I've managed to have a boiled egg and some blueberries after. Hopefully I'll start to feel better soon.

Ok, do you have a means of testing for ketones eg Ketostix? I’m going to tag @Lucyr because she knows more than me about this, if I’m remembering correctly, Lucy.

Sorry to hear you’ve been knocked so sideways by Covid. The effect on sense of taste and smell can make it tricky to enjoy food while it lasts :(

Hope you recover really soon.

Ok, do you have a means of testing for ketones eg Ketostix? I’m going to tag @Lucyr because she knows more than me about this, if I’m remembering correctly, Lucy.
I've never tested for ketones but I'll contact the doctor tomorrow for more advice . Thank you so much for your help.

Neither of those medications have DKA as a side effect that i know of so you’ll likely be okay, but if you do feel particularly unwell then call for help. Hopefully you’ll be much better in a few days

Thank you for your reply. I'm just feeling a bit sorry for myself at the moment. I've managed to have a boiled egg and some blueberries after. Hopefully I'll start to feel better soon.
It’s bound to but remember this is illness so not the real you, it’s not fun, really hope your on the mend soon x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back