Feeling hypo triggers but 8.4mmol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi

Just wanated to pick your collective brains. I Feel as if I'm hypoing have all the signs. I'm aggressive with people and shaking etc but just tested and found my jelly babies and it came out 8.4. Help what should I do?

Marc

Hi

Just wanated to pick your collective brains. I Feel as if I'm hypoing have all the signs. I'm aggressive with people and shaking etc but just tested and found my jelly babies and it came out 8.4. Help what should I do?

Marc

Sorry to ask the obvious. Have you washed your hands? Retest. It could be that you've been high and now you're coming crashing down too fast. That will give you the false hypo feeling. We haven't had this situation yet, so I don't know what to suggest. Maybe just one jellybaby to stop the bad feeling.

Would agree with Monica about washing hands and retesting. Could you test with a second meter maybe just to be sure your meter isn't reading high ?

If you are sure you are 8.4, then obviously you don't want to be eating anything, with or without symptoms.

I've noticed that a rapid drop will give stronger symptoms but not normally until I'm below 4 or 4.5ish.

Rob

I'd go with re testing after hand washing. If your numbers were high before and they are comming down to what is considerd a more normal range you will get the symptoms of a false hypo.

I hope you are feeling better.

Thanks for the advise I have just washed my hands and tested again now 7.6 but I had dropped the meter on the floor earlier today but it was only off my lap and Aviva nanos are quite tough little bugs. I'm at work so don't have another metter handy and my mate who is also diabetic isn't in :(. That siad I have recently got an Xceed off ebay and been trialing both against each other and this often gives the lower reading. Tried the washing of hands and it was 7.6 but at work so no soap just soap dispencer stuff so may effect the reading.

Marc

Hi Marc,

I had this problem myself all day yesterday (see thread) and is the same again today! Not sure whats going on, very puzzling. Can't really give you any help with it, but just wanted you to know you're not alone!!

take care, Shirl

Hi hope your feeling ok now Marc..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back