feeling dizzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

lo123

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
hi

lately ive been feeling dizzy - especially when i go to bed my head is really dizzy. Would this be diabetes related? Im seeing my consultant tomorrow so I guess I can ask him. My control is good as my A1C is 5.5. Maybe it's not diabetes related???

thanks 🙂

Have you got/had a cold recently? If your sinuses are stuffed, that could cause dizziness.

Have you checked you bloodsugar when you are dizzy - if so what does it say? Coud this be a hypo sign???

As your control is good, I doubt it is diabetes related. You could have a cold or some other virus working on you, but for your peace of mind and re-assurance do speak to the consultant when you see him tomorrow.

If you're feeling dizzy, one possible explanation is an inner ear infection, affecting your sense of balance - ask a GP or practice nurse to look in your ears and see if you need antibiotics.
Your HbA1c is only a reflection of your control up to the day the blood was taken, and is an average over about 2 months - 5.5 is good news, but it doesn't say anything about your control today.

Last edited:
Keep an eye on it as the others have said.

A friend of mine's wife recently had a "maneuver" done on her, can't remember what it was called but it was to do with dizziness, her brain was saying she was lying down when she was standing up and vice versa, not good! So if it gets worse or doesn't go talk to your quack. The maneuver was a short painless appointment, although advised not to drive after it for a few hours.

Hope you get fixed soon.

Some years ago a viral infection developed into Labyrinthitis and I had nasty, and disabling, bouts of giddiness for about two weeks. Sea sickness tablets helped reduce, but not totally eliminate, the symtoms.

hi

lately ive been feeling dizzy - especially when i go to bed my head is really dizzy. Would this be diabetes related? Im seeing my consultant tomorrow so I guess I can ask him. My control is good as my A1C is 5.5. Maybe it's not diabetes related???

thanks 🙂

Are you feeling better. I hope the dizziness has passed or you saw the doctor and have smething to make it feel better.

hi guys

would ye believe i went to doc and totally forgot to ask about the dizziness! but i havn't got any more dizzy spells since i last wrote so maybe its gone 🙂 doc was happy with me overall but one thing i need to fix is my cholesterol - it was 4.7. He said for diabetics it should be under 3. He was going to start me on tabs but now instead i have to bring it down by exercise and cutting down on dairy foods. Man there is always something :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back