Feeling depressed trying hard but nothing is working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ditsy daisy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi I used to use novorapid insulin 3 injections a day and levemir at night then, a few months ago I started using Tresiba instead of levemir. First of all it looked promising i was getting a few good readings dotted around the page in the mornings around 6-8 mmol which is good for me. Then I was getting good readings in the day aswell quite alot dotted around the page. Then came a few times hypo at night so I reduced the amount of tresiba and stayed at 17 units for a long time now. Anyway on the last page of my blood sugar book I've been given advice don't do more than 8 units at the most even when my blood sugar is 14 -20 because I tend to have a hypo later in the next few days because of the interaction between insulins. My anxiety about it is if I do that it will go even higher as I'm not doing enough insulin. I've been proved right it's now 20 mmol tonight! Was 14 earlier and I did 8 units of novorapid not enough.i know I probably need 13 units! I'm just fed up! basically having diabetes burn out but I don't know who to tell about it.

I'd talk to your team about it hunni xx

Do you think it’s the interaction with the Tresiba @Ditsy daisy ? If so, would you find going back to Levemir easier and less stressful?

Burnout is a horrible thing. Talk to your team and also be kind to yourself. I found simplifying my routines helped a lot. It removed some of the thinking. So, I stuck with similar breakfasts and lunches, for example.

Do rant here too. Lots of us have had burnout. You’re not alone. XX

Hi @Ditsy daisy - have you done a basal test to see whether your Tresiba is at the right level for you? If it's not then there's no way you can adjust doses of Novorapid to compensate. The instructions for doing basal testing are attached. Please come back if you have any questions. 🙂

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back