Fed up

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaurenNicole

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I just need somewhere to vent my frustrations.
I'm fed up of having diabetes. I'm fed up of my medication not working. I'm fed up of hyper fixation with food which has led me into difficult behaviours again which in turn are not helping my diabetes management. I'm fed up of not being able to contact my doctor before things get out of hand and I come back with a bad AC1 again. I am fed up of not being able to access tech which helped me when I trialled it. I'm fed up of diabetes flaring up anxiety and depression, making me equally scared of dying due to my badly managed diabetes and thinking sometimes this life with this disease isn't worth living (not suicidal, don't panic admins). I don't want advice like 'eat healthier' because for my it's counterproductive. So don't. Please just do not say it. I just need to say this out loud somewhere so it feels more manageable.

Rant away if you need to, it can sometimes really help

I just need somewhere to vent my frustrations.
I'm fed up of having diabetes. I'm fed up of my medication not working. I'm fed up of hyper fixation with food which has led me into difficult behaviours again which in turn are not helping my diabetes management. I'm fed up of not being able to contact my doctor before things get out of hand and I come back with a bad AC1 again. I am fed up of not being able to access tech which helped me when I trialled it. I'm fed up of diabetes flaring up anxiety and depression, making me equally scared of dying due to my badly managed diabetes and thinking sometimes this life with this disease isn't worth living (not suicidal, don't panic admins). I don't want advice like 'eat healthier' because for my it's counterproductive. So don't. Please just do not say it. I just need to say this out loud somewhere so it feels more manageable.
I know how you feel this is my sentiments. I just hope it all gets better. Hang on.

I'm sorry you are feeling this way. One of the nasty tricks depression plays is not only making you feel its bad now, but that you've always felt that way, and always will. That is not true. And then the pain in the ass of diabetes on top of that. Feel free to vent all you want. We're here if we can help

There's a phone number at the top of this page if you fancy having a proper real life rant. All the best.

There is a recognised link between depression and anxiety and diabetes. High blood glucose affects every cell in the body including the brain. There are quite a lot of articles explaining the link if you do a search. I am loath to post the links as many are splattered by adverts.
Getting better management of your blood glucose can often help.

Thanks for being so open and honest with us @LaurenNicole

Hope you can find some ways to be kind and nurturing to yourself that are completely un-food-and-diabetes related.

Sorry you are having such a tough time at the moment.

I have found over the years that these feelings come in waves for a season, then they pass and things become more manageable. But it can be hard to see that when you are being swamped and buffeted from all angles :(

Hang in there. We are rooting for you.

Rant away @LaurenNicole, I feel a bit like this at times too. I had a total knee replacement last September which is recovering nicely, but there's no sign of the other knee being done until at least the autumn, if that. I can't exercise like I used to and am getting flabby, and not eating as well either.

I guess these feelings come and go, and I know there's no point beating ourselves up about them, but it's difficult to cope with at times.

All the best to you, we are always here to listen
heart2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back