fED UP WITH FAULTY FREESTYLE SENSORS. 3 IN A ROW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy777

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I have had only 12 days use out of my last 3 Freestyle Libre 2 sensors.They should have given 42 days use.

2 of them just stopped working and the third one caught on the arm of my riser chair and fell off. They were all placed firmly and correctly on my upper underarm. 2 previous sensors fell off as well. I'm in a wheelchair, so immobile and not tearing about banging the sensor against walls or doors. I cannot afford to keep throwing money away. Has anyone else given up on sensors? How do you keep them on?
i dislike the reader 2 with those annoying alarms. I never seem to be within earshot when the alarm goes off and first I know of it is when the battery is flat and I cannot manage to take a reading. I'm going back to reader and sensors 1.

Hello Andy,
sounds as if you are well and truly peed off and quite rightly so.

You do not need to throw money away, just ring the company and tell them they have fallen off and they will replace them free of charge.
Can you check also to see if you are entitled to the sensors on the NHS now as not sure regarding the rules for people with type2 diabetes and the insulin types.

Hi Andy, I understand it may defeat the point but you are able to turn the alarms off on your Libre app. But if you are able to scan and check regularly and back up with a finger prick then you may feel turning it off is worth it if it is bothering you that much.🙂

Hi Andy. Sorry that you are fed up with the bad sensors, my very first one started to fail after just 4 days which meant I was off to a bad start. Only just started my second one and on day 2, so fingers are well and truly crossed! I know on here that there are lots of people who have been using them for ages without problems, so there is hope!

As Sue has said, if they fall off then you can just call Abbott and they will replace them free of charge - call them on 0800 170 11 77 Monday to Friday between 8:00 AM and 8:00 PM, Saturday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM.

If you prefer not having to speak to someone (who doesn’t hate customer call centres!) then they now have a form on their website https://www.freestylelibre.co.uk/libre/help/sensor-support-form.html to report things like error messages or sensors falling off to get a free replacement, you just have to enter your name, address, sensor serial number and a few other questions and that’s it. I’ve not used it myself as my sensor didn’t fall off or give an error code when scanned, it was reading false lows so I had to speak to them, but sure enough I got a free replacement in about 6 working days.

I hope you get them sorted and get a better experience going forwards as they are so useful in giving you charts of your BG to help with insulin dosing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back