Fed up with eye!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twitchy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hello all,

Sorry to be negative, but I just need to let off steam... I had a really nasty bleed in my eye back in Jan (proliferative retinopathy + preg = fun & games it seems!) and have been signed off work since then... it's a pain in the rear as it's not consistent - over the course of a day it can drain & disperse a bit (which looks like the blurs, smears, mist & blobs move up in my vision), and just when it looks a bit lighter, then I notice more new spots, which then dissipate & cloud everything again... so it's like it's still drip feeding even now :( I know I'm really, really lucky in that I still have one good eye, but even so this is starting to wind me up...

Basically the effect on my vision is not consistent, so I'm having daily trouble adjusting to it in terms of loads of headaches, (esp the few times I've been under fluorescent lights, going online or watching tv - I can more or less touch type but vdu screens really irritate my eyes these days), trouble with close distance perception (so knocking my hands on things a lot, & I've become a lot better acquainted with where all my walls are!!!) and generally if I need to read any small print / find any paperwork it feels like it takes at least twice as long! Because I'm pregnant I can't even just whack in the pain killers to get on with things, as all you can have is paracetemol...

Anyway, the sick note runs out this week...I'm muddling along well enough at home, so I feel really bad about going to the doc to ask for an extension, especially as I don't "feel ill" but I'm also really worried about driving to work (driving full stop really - hate the idea with a dodgy eye, even if you can legally drive wiht only one good eye!!!), doing a day on vdus & then having to drive back in dusk & rush hour... I guess all I can do is speak tothe doc...

Ho hum. Sorry, just needed to let that out...hubby's heard more htan enough moaning about the eye since jan bless him. HOpefully all this will settle down when baby arrives & maybe the lasering will have more effect then. Better go now - spliitting headache!!! Sorry for the moan.

Hope the moan helped. Sounds like a real pain. How long before you start maternity leave?

You can't loose anything from seeing the doctor again and getting another certificate as there are also safety issues and a baby to keep in mind.

I hope everything sorts itself out for you and you feel better soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back