Favourite diabetic websites

Status
Not open for further replies.

shootuporputup

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
What are everyone's favourite (and most useful) diabetic web sites out there? (Obviously aside from this one).

I'm new to this diabetic intermaweb milarky and most sites have a very strong American bias. There's nothing wrong with that, but I'd like to read about 1) UK-biased diabetes without having to divide all the readings by 18 and 2) read about complaints about the unhelpful NHS rather than the unhelpful medical insurance companies!

I only use this one
but i am a member of diabetic buddies

What are everyone's favourite (and most useful) diabetic web sites out there? (Obviously aside from this one).

I'm new to this diabetic intermaweb milarky and most sites have a very strong American bias. There's nothing wrong with that, but I'd like to read about 1) UK-biased diabetes without having to divide all the readings by 18 and 2) read about complaints about the unhelpful NHS rather than the unhelpful medical insurance companies!

Hi and Welcome!

This site is a good balance, serious advice, thoughts and considerations, and if you're brave enough some humour as well.

The other site and I'd also suggest joining them as the 'national body' of diabetics in the UK is Diabetes UK www.diabetes.org.uk for twenty something pounds a year you get access to their helpline (which is very good) and 6 copies of their magazine Balance.

Their website is open and packed with good information, sometimes you need to dig a little to find it, but often its there.

Enjoy!

and even if your brave enough some humour

ha ha ha like it

i only use this site :D

Thanks Einstein

I'm already a member of Diabetes UK and get Balance (which is quite a good read, but a little Type Two biased (but then, I suppose, so is the distribution of diabetes!)). I do quite like Balance for Authur Smith's column - he's a funny chap.

I'm already a member of Diabetes UK and get Balance (which is quite a good read, but a little Type Two biased (but then, I suppose, so is the distribution of diabetes!)). I do quite like Balance for Authur Smith's column - he's a funny chap.

Usually the first page I read!

The other mag is Sweet and no its not a teeny boppers mag, its ok, just can't say it does it all for me.

Still good there is an option to look elsewhere.

On the Diabetes UK website, I think the spread between type 1 and 2 is better than the magazine, where I agree there is a lot of type 2, but there is a lot of generic education, which needs to be repeated as there are always new type 1's and 2's joining us. The baseline information isn't useless, just perhaps not so relevant.

Useful (as opposed to favourite sites)

http://guidance.nice.org.uk/CG66

links to guidance on what Type 2 diabetes care I should get from English NHS. Also access to info on other aspects of diabetes such as pumps et cetera

http://www.diabetes.nhs.uk/

Again info on what English NHS is up to - new name for National Diabetes Support Team who oversee the implementation of the National Service Framework

I haven't heard of Sweet before

so I'll find it, digest it and see what it's like.

Einstein - I agree that lots of the stuff in Balance (and elsewhere) is common to both Type One and Type Two, but like any minority I just like whingeing about being a minority 😉

so I'll find it, digest it and see what it's like.

Einstein - I agree that lots of the stuff in Balance (and elsewhere) is common to both Type One and Type Two, but like any minority I just like whingeing about being a minority 😉

I'm in the same boat, just have to face it sometimes, so long as its not a waterfall you're facing in the boat!

Useful (as opposed to favourite sites)

http://guidance.nice.org.uk/CG66

links to guidance on what Type 2 diabetes care I should get from English NHS. Also access to info on other aspects of diabetes such as pumps et cetera

http://www.diabetes.nhs.uk/

Again info on what English NHS is up to - new name for National Diabetes Support Team who oversee the implementation of the National Service Framework

Lovely - thanks Vanessa

Best site by far for children is

www.childrenwithdiabetesuk.org

Its brilliant for everything and has lots of facts that even apply to adults.

I love Sweet and think its 100x better than Balance.

I think its each to their own really. Arthur Smith is funny, very dry sense of humour.

I only use this site. 😎

I only use this one. I'm still learning what's out there so am grateful for any hints. 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back