Faulty strips

Status
Not open for further replies.

kojack

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Had a series of strips tonight that just smeared the sample. After seven attempts changed to a new tub. That was eight strips for one test!!!
Phone call to mfr and pharmacy tomorrow.

This is the first time I have had more than one duff strip in a 25 tub.
Has anyone experienced this? If so, how often?

Could be awkward if on a longish journey with only one unopened tub. Certainly taught me to use the "belt and braces" approach when I go out.

It's worth calling the cusomer care line for the strip manufacturer, the number will be on the booklet you got with your meter. If you tell them the batch number they might say they were all recalled. Pharmacies are reimbursed for these but the more unscrupulous ones give them out anyway to earn more money. Perhaps also check the expiry date, some chemists don't check them either.

Talked to customer care this morning.
Tub will be replaced for tomorrow with a prepaid pckage for return of faulty tub.

Hi Kojack,

What meter do you use? I use a One Touch Ultra Smart and find that occasionally the OTU test strips are terible at sucking up the blood. I haven't had a batch that I've had to send back yet but I was close with the last pot.

Hi Kojack,

What meter do you use? I use a One Touch Ultra Smart and find that occasionally the OTU test strips are terible at sucking up the blood. I haven't had a batch that I've had to send back yet but I was close with the last pot.
Hi Jules A

I use a One Touch Ultra 2.
I agree with your remarks and recently the 'blood sucking' end of the strip has been at any old angle.
I detailed this to them this morning. It appears that these are either made or evaluated in Inverness.

I have also informed my local practice and area diabetic clinic.

I had a trouble with a couple of tubs about 2 years ago and were changed by manufactuerer, and meter was replaced aswell.they were not controlling within the range required,

...and meter was replaced aswell.they were not controlling within the range required,

That's another trouble I've had recently with the OTU strips. I had a pot that was well out of range with the contol solution - I tried a number of times with both my meters. The funny thing is the strips gave exactly the same results as good ones when I tested my blood!! Strange!!

Had a series of strips tonight that just smeared the sample. After seven attempts changed to a new tub. That was eight strips for one test!!!
Phone call to mfr and pharmacy tomorrow.

This is the first time I have had more than one duff strip in a 25 tub.
Has anyone experienced this? If so, how often?

Could be awkward if on a longish journey with only one unopened tub. Certainly taught me to use the "belt and braces" approach when I go out.

And there I was feeling guilty when I 'wasted' a strip because it smeared - I thought it was my fault! I once had three in a row that smeared and got very frustrated with myself because I thought I must be doing something wrong, despite having done hundreds of successful tests.

That's another trouble I've had recently with the OTU strips. I had a pot that was well out of range with the contol solution - I tried a number of times with both my meters. The funny thing is the strips gave exactly the same results as good ones when I tested my blood!! Strange!!

I have not had trouble since but I was impressed by how quickly they dealt with problem. I fourtunately had a pot of sticks that were not affected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back