Faulty libre or just needs longer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sg295

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi all,

So my last libre ended up working it’s way very loose to the point where the readings were becoming inaccurate.

Ended up replacing it but because I had to take off the old one, I wasn’t able to give the new one warmup time.

I applied the new sensor last night and this is what it has been showing on my graph today.

It’s absolutely not true! I’ve regularly checked throughout the day with finger pricks, with the most ridiculous one being 3.6 on libre vs 7.7 on finger prick.

Shall I just assume this is because it’s been less than 24 hours since I put it on or is it faulty? Only there is a big difference between those 2 numbers!

Thanks 🙂

Attachments

• 51B2B785-356C-488C-ACF3-B721FB981878.jpeg
    51B2B785-356C-488C-ACF3-B721FB981878.jpeg
    23.1 KB · Views: 8
I've had a first very innaccurate sensor which was replaced. The second one just stopped working and so replaced. This 3rd one is very innacurate too after 3 days. Yesterday evening i had a 3.2 when i was 7.6 on bg meter! and is regularly 2-3 mmols out. It's just really telling me whether i am going up or down and what affects me the most which is useful also i have found out i drop quite a lot overnight and remain steady which i didn't know before and found dawn phenomenom doesn't affect me as much as i thought. I def cannot rely on the actual readings which is annoying but not the end of the world as i am type 2 and not injecting etc.

That looks and sounds just like the first 24 hours on a sensor for me.
I have always waited 48 hours before reported a sensor to be inaccurate and then never had to.

That looks and sounds just like the first 24 hours on a sensor for me.
I have always waited 48 hours before reported a sensor to be inaccurate and then never had to.
Hi,

Thanks for your reply!

Yes I have recently started applying it 24-48 hours in advance but wasn’t able to this time so have been getting these readings today.

I’ll leave it a bit longer and see what happens 🙂

Applied new sensor on monday & scanned after 60mins & was near enough same as bg reading on checking, not did 24hr bedding in thing since libre 1, even then it was only at start.

Odd how we are so different, find libre 2 near enough accurate from day 1 to 14, not had any issues so far. Agree with comments above about giving it another 24hrs then report if problems persists.

Hi @sg295 how is your sensor today?
Has it calmed down or still reporting based on a random number generator?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back