Fatigue - does it get easier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WelshRoo

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I have had my numbers.
HBA1C is 69. Currently working to get it down.
Im on 3 Metformin a day - breakfast, lunch and dinner.
I also take an antidepressant (escitalopram), a multivitamin and a cod liver oil capsule. (one once a day for all of these)
I've cut out sugar, havent had chocolate or sweets in 3 weeks other than the odd sugar free werthers original.
I have a small can (250ml) of coke zero maybe once a week if I fancy it.
Crisps - I stick to Lentil Crisps if I fancy them but thats rarely.
Ive cut carbs - and now only have cauliflower rice, spiralised courgette instead of pasta and sweet potato.
Most my meals are a protein and half a plate of vegetables like peas, green beans, carrots, sprouts, broccoli, cauliflower.
Im drinking about 3 pints of NAS squash a day as well as tea and coffee.

But I am so bloody tired. Its so draining.
I wake up generally about 6am and have tablets/breakfast about 8, and yet by about 10am I am ready to have a nap.
I know my antidepressants can make me drowsy but this feels on a whole other level.
Im not sleeping great at night - I go up about 10.30.

Has anyone found anything to help with it? I just want to have some energy back.
Everyone keeps saying its because of the diet change, body changing and not relying on sugar anymore etc but jeez......

Im feeling extremely fed up from it. Added to that that its half term and Im waiting on 3 other people (2 kids, one manchild) and I just feel burnt out.

unfortunately diabetes is a difficult condition to manage and can often be exhausting. Both from the effort of managing it and from blood sugars when they’re high. Think I’ve felt burnt out from diabetes for most of the 15 years I’ve had it really. Hopefully you’ll feel a bit better as you improve your blood sugars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back