fat seperater

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lakeland is where we got ours as well. Wouldn't be without it. My juicer, I love my juicer.

I wouldnt be without my 'george foreman'. All meat or anything slighty fatty is cooked on it. I am amazed at the amount of fat in the tray at the bottom - we would otherwise have eaten it!😱I also use it to cook fish and veggies like peppers and tomotoes - lovely.🙂

I very rarely use meat juices now for the gravy. Just use the 'oxo' cubes, lots of herbs etc and the water from the veggies (steamed ) - much healthier and actually tastes quite nice. If the gravy is too runny I add either a little mashed potato powder or a little bit of flour.

Also I use a steamer for the veg and sometimes fish and potatoes - the taste is very different and the veg tastes much nicer.🙂Bev

my Grandma's kitchen utensils

I love using the utensils I inherited from my Grandma after she died in 2002. I'd learned a lot of cooking from her over many years together, and via her daughter / my Mum. I use her liquidiser particularly for making smoothies using strawberries or raspberries from our garden or blackberries from hedgerows (used to go blackberrying with grandparents in different locations over many years); steamer saucepan for root veg in the bottom, beans / peppers / cabbage etc in the top; stainless steel draining device; several wooden spoons etc. Reminds me of her and Grandad (who grew vegetables and fruit) every time I use them - they would be happy to know items are still being used to cook home-grown and shop-bought produce.

Oh it's got to be my slow cooker, brilliant for making stews, curries & chillies.
I can put it on go out shopping or to work then a meal is cooked ready on return ing home, saves the hassel of cooking after a hectic day.🙂

mine is my blender cant be without it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back