Faster acting insulin

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayray119

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
She/Her
So I'm thinking about possibly asking for a faster acting insulin simply due to the fact I don't always get a chance to wait before eating) plus backfast it doesn't usually meter how long wait.

All I would say is that Fiasp, which is one of the most common fast acting insulins can be quite unpredictable/quirky and for me it doesn't work that much quicker. Since you already seem to be struggling a bit with your confidence and control I would not recommend it at the moment. It had me tearing my hair out with frustration for 4 months before I got the hang of it and I gave up after 3 months the first time I tried it, so that was 7 months of frustration and instability.
I need to use more than I did with NR which I found scary and difficult to be confident about and I need to stack corrections quite often to get the reduction in BG that I want and I need to correct before my levels hit 10 because after that it is like injecting water, but exercise or increased activity can make it much more effective than you expect, so I have to be more conscious of all these factors when I inject it and I am not sure I would want to use it without Libre or other CGM. It has not by any means been a straight swap that just works a bit faster, which was what I expected.
Of course, that is just me, but others have experienced similar quirks.
I haven't tried Humalog or Lyumjev, so I can't give any feedback on those although I think I have read that Humalog can have a sting in the tail.

All I would say is that Fiasp, which is one of the most common fast acting insulins can be quite unpredictable/quirky and for me it doesn't work that much quicker. Since you already seem to be struggling a bit with your confidence and control I would not recommend it at the moment. It had me tearing my hair out with frustration for 4 months before I got the hang of it and I gave up after 3 months the first time I tried it, so that was 7 months of frustration and instability.
I need to use more than I did with NR which I found scary and difficult to be confident about and I need to stack corrections quite often to get the reduction in BG that I want and I need to correct before my levels hit 10 because after that it is like injecting water, but exercise or increased activity can make it much more effective than you expect, so I have to be more conscious of all these factors when I inject it and I am not sure I would want to use it without Libre or other CGM. It has not by any means been a straight swap that just works a bit faster, which was what I expected.
Of course, that is just me, but others have experienced similar quirks.
I haven't tried Humalog or Lyumjev, so I can't give any feedback on those although I think I have read that Humalog can have a sting in the tail.
I haerd other things form people about that though.

I would be willing try something differently to libre if I was allowed to(and try not to make myself overawlemed with the amount of data it prodived)(but this wasn't why I end given to compllty on the libre it was countless problems I faced after I gave it change and change) but if I was allowed an actul cgm at somepint I would be more inclined to try it.

I know l a lot people in my area use Lyumjev

I didn't relaise Humalog was a quicker acting insulin

I don't know of this is helpful or not but if I can't wait to eat, which can happen in my line of work, I will inject and eat straight away but not the full amount of carbs then later I'll have a snack like a cereal bar or something just to try and smooth out the peak a bit.

I don't know of this is helpful or not but if I can't wait to eat, which can happen in my line of work, I will inject and eat straight away but not the full amount of carbs then later I'll have a snack like a cereal bar or something just to try and smooth out the peak a bit.
Unfortunately that's not always poisbblr for me. I guess sometimes I need to(I'm not fullyung sure) sometimes at work even with not waiting plus and taking a little bit I still find myslef stacking durrying the shift even if I have been alot higher then u was around the 2 hour mark. Although vi think it's more of an issue when I'm eating and then need to walk to pick up point steight way(or even as in walking(saying that though I guess sometimes the walk might help the insulin I might). But thank you for your sujustion.

It might be easier to follow what you are saying if you added extra comments or information to the same thread rather than starting a new thread when what you are saying follows on from something you have started before.
It would make it easier to follow the timeline of what is going on with you.

It might be easier to follow what you are saying if you added extra comments or information to the same thread rather than starting a new thread when what you are saying follows on from something you have started before.
Sorry didn't realise I do this sorry was meant to delete the postd but I guess k do think. Sorry to cause problems again.

So, you want reassurance. Ok

You are doing really well.
Sorry I thought I deleted things because I realised I was probably going back on things I said before.(I'm last person to to want cause issues I care too much about anyone that knows will say the same I never eant to upset people and try very hard not to) but I guess over the internet that atibute doesn't come across and I appear to turn out the opposite of it(believe me that's not who I am)

I didn't realize my new threads did follow on form what I said before)

Unfortunately the lack of confidence isn't just a diabetes relented issue.

Not a cirtizemiziime at all but just trying to understand so I can make things easier for people. Can you give example bof a theard that follows on for another. As this would be an entirely accidental thing.

So, you want reassurance. Ok

You are doing really well.
Ah sorry just seen you qouted this. That's not entirely why I need another apoitment. I want to discuss issues as well to see if they listen to them probably this time rather then just brushing them off.

Been using fiasp insulin for probably 2 years now, find it acts quicker than novorapid but tails off sooner.

Use it in pump & not had any issues so far.

Apidra is another (older) slightly faster insulin.

My experience of Humalog was that it was quite similar in activity timings to NovoRapid, except that it seemed to have a bit of a bigger push towards the end of the dose’s lifespan.

HiI don't know of this is helpful or not but if I can't wait to eat, which can happen in my line of work, I will inject and eat straight away but not the full amount of carbs then later I'll have a snack like a cereal bar or something just to try and smooth out the peak a bit.
Hi i will actually have a think about to see if is an option.

Thinking more about it will timings will depend on what im doing at the time. For example I've eaten as I've walked to work before I the fact im on my move while eating might not me I need to wait as long as if I was sitting still as i kknow activity tends to get most insullins going faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back