he only stayed about 7-8 minutes with me

heard him say as i was leaving talking to the nurse

that is the way to get them in and out fast

and i thought alot of him it was hard to hear

i guess none of them care much

just numbers

don't have much to choose from only have three here in town

and i thought he was the best of the bunch

How dreadful Mary! 😱 He should be ashamed of himself, treating a person's health like some sort of game :( How can you have confidence or a trusting relationship with someone who has let you down in such a way? I'm sorry you had to hear that, and even more so that he should feel it is something to brag about. If you could pluck up the courage to tell him next time you have to see him, maybe it will humble him and his attitude will change. It shouldn't be like that - my doctor never rushes me, which is how it should be. For this reason, I don't mind waiting if my appointments run late as I know she if probably dealing with someone who needs that time.

Sounds about as good as my docotor, we get a 5 minute appointment and before you even get off the chair to leave the room he is asking for the next person to come in. My next two docotors are a bus ride away. The better of the two is a 10 minute bus ride followed by a 10 minute walk, so there is not a lot of choice, even in London!

This attitude

...is totally reprehensible!

The sad fact is that Type 2s are, as a correspondent once observed, 'off the scale' when it comes to thoroughness of attention from some medical practitioners.

You won't have a clue what I'm talking about, but that reminds me of a doctor called Bob Buzzard in a brilliant BBC drama called "A Very Peculiar Practice".

I soooo wish that the BBC would release the second series of that on to DVD! Or at the least repeat the series on TV (rather than all the other trash that they repeat!).

Anyway, I'm sorry to see that such doctors actually exist. :(

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back