Fast acting insulins?

Status
Not open for further replies.

C6H12O6

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Can anyone suggest a faster acting bolus insulins than Novorapid that I might ask to try? I'm currently on Novorapid but it's taking at least 90mins in the morning and then at least an hour the rest of the time. This just doesn't fit in with my working life (holidays are easier). I've heard of Fiasp, are there any others anyone would suggest researching and talking through at my next appointment?

Thank you as always!

Can anyone suggest a faster acting bolus insulins than Novorapid that I might ask to try? I'm currently on Novorapid but it's taking at least 90mins in the morning and then at least an hour the rest of the time. This just doesn't fit in with my working life (holidays are easier). I've heard of Fiasp, are there any others anyone would suggest researching and talking through at my next appointment?

Thank you as always!
Have you done a basal test to make sure you have enough basal and not relying on your bolus to cover both for you?

I use Fiasp and get on very well with it.

I use apidra, it’s not particularly “fast” but I have heard it’s marginally faster than novorapid. I like it anyway, doesn’t have the kick in the tail that I found humalog had.

Good to hear about the Fiasp Pumper_Sue. I did an overnight through to about 2.30pm basal test last weekend and inadvertently did another yesterday due to not sitting down long enough to realise it was well past lunchtime! Both showed a nice steady line around 4.9/5.0. I'm on Tresiba but wonder whether a split basal insulin might work better?

(I should have said, I've self funded a Libre2 to try to see what's going on - hence knowing about the straight line).

Last edited:
Oh not heard of Apidra LucyR, a new one for me to look into, thank you!

Last edited:
Oh not heard of Apidra LucyR, a new one for to look into, thank you!
It’s fairly old not one of these new ones like fiasp, I’ve used apidra for at least 10 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back