Fast 800

Joseph Lee

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I know, you have all seen it before.... Yawn..:D I have just received my HbA1c results and they have drastically improved down from 73 to 48:p and all this with exercise and healthy eating during lockdown. Although this has been successful for me I am still interested in doing the "Fast 800". I have yet to speak to my Diabetic Nurse to discuss which meds should be dropped, but hopefully she will agree and I can get on with it and get into "Diabetic Remission"

Josh DUK

Online Forum Manager
Staff member
Hello @Joseph Lee ,

Thank you so much for joining the Diabetes UK support forum. Congratz! It so good to hear that your HbA1c results improved during the lockdown and diet and exercise contributed towards it. Any secrets you could share that would benefit others?

ColinUK

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I know, you have all seen it before.... Yawn..:D I have just received my HbA1c results and they have drastically improved down from 73 to 48:p and all this with exercise and healthy eating during lockdown. Although this has been successful for me I am still interested in doing the "Fast 800". I have yet to speak to my Diabetic Nurse to discuss which meds should be dropped, but hopefully she will agree and I can get on with it and get into "Diabetic Remission"
Great improvement on the HbA1C! Seriously well done!

What’s your BMI? The 800 regime is generally frowned upon if your BMI is below 30 I think.

Ditto

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I know, you have all seen it before.... Yawn..:D
Yeah, but it never gets old. Endlessly fascinating. :)

Hello and welcome. Well done on your results.

Drummer

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I started with Hba1c of 91, at first retest 47, at 6 months 41 - personally, after a lifetime of being put onto low calorie diets and just about collapsing under the regime, I would never think of it as beneficial as it always resulted in having to lower the amounts I ate as my metabolism ratcheted down my needs in order to survive, so whereas as a teen I could run up mountains, in my 20s my physical vigour reduced so I could only walk up slopes I used to hardly slow down for. In my 30s my weight gain was noticeable but not excessive - though I was an adult with a 24 inch waist to start off with. When I was first put on a diet I weighed 147lb and was muscular, I gave up weighing when I reached 264lb, in despair, decades later, as low calorie, low fat, high carb might be the diet most advised and Drs swear it is next to the elixir of life, but it takes all the joy out of living.