Faro Airport

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirsc

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi, just wondered if anyone has flown to/from Faro airport recently whilst wearing Libre 2? Just wondered what the security machines / security, and security team were like.

I have not travelled through Faro for some time but I do fly a fair amount and never had a problem with my Libre at any airport throughout Europe, America and beyond.
My attitude has always been to treat my medical condition as personal information which I only explain if asked. A Libre has never attracted any attention and continued working afterwards whether in my arm or a spare that was on the x-ray belt.

Last edited:
Last time was 2 years ago but we are going again next month! I had no problems whatsoever. We found security personnel polite, friendly and efficient. Have a great trip!

Never had a problem with Libre Europe or USA

I was last there Oct 22. No problems at all.
Enjoy. Love the Algarve.

I went to Faro 2 months ago, no problems, nice staff, beautiful country

Hi, just wondered if anyone has flown to/from Faro airport recently whilst wearing Libre 2? Just wondered what the security machines / security, and security team were like.

Have a lovely trip @kirsc 🙂

My approach in airports is to be very upfront with the staff, and ask them for a pat down / swab of any devices that manufacturers advise don’t go through a full body scanner (the archways seem to be fine).

Libre seems less worried, but most pump manufacturers recommend not going through full body scanners.

I’ve never had any problem with security staff, who have always been courteous and very understanding and helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back