FAO OneTouch UltraSMART and OneTouch UltraEASY

Status
Not open for further replies.

NiVZ

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hello,

As some of you may know I had a dabble at writing a program to read the data from these two meters.

Could anyone that has these meters and would be interested in helping test this please reply here.

You will need:

OneTouch UltraEASY or UltraSMART meter
Windows based PC (sorry no MAC or linux)
Data transfer cable (available for free from Lifescan)
USB cable driver (available for free download from Lifescan)

Thanks,

NiVZ

Mine is a one touch ultra 2.

Good luck with the research and writing the programmes.

C owns 2 ultra easy and one ultra 2, we do have the usb cable and I download the readings regularly onto their programme.

What is it you'd want me to do?? I'll help if I can.

Oh yes, and the PC is windows 7

Last edited:
Hello,

Thanks for the quick replies.

I'm hoping to write a program that will display some buttons allowing you to display all the readings, display serial number etc.

Just need some people to test it to make sure it works and the results are consistent and that they like the way it works or what could be done better.

Thanks,

NiVZ

How come you're writing a new programme?

I use the one they provide, though I must admit there could be some improvements. I'm not really very technologially minded, as long as it works I'm happy. The biggest grievance I have, is, that if you test more often than the once for the allocated time period, it just goes underneath the other readings. So when I print it out to take to Dr. I have to write down by hand the times the tests were done and why. I suppose it would be different if I'd mailed him the results or take them on a memory stick. Then he could just look at it, and all the times will show. But I don't know if he'd want to do it that way. I'll have to ask them next time.

Hi Nivz have an ultrasmart and all the download stuff. Is this to be able to upload stuff to the DAFNE diary?

Rachel

Yes, I have those 2 and the cable. Just to add to the mix my ultra smart is in mmol/l , my ultra easy is in mg/dl. That might add to your challenge!

@rachelha - one of the main aims is to allow the uploading into DAFNE diary. I also read that the people behind 'my diabetes my way' were thinking of allowing similar functionality to let patients upload their data for their care team to analyze but as it's not live yet not sure if this will happen or if they have something of their own for doing this.

I'm just trying it out to see if it's possible - plus I'm lazy and hate typing and writing things down 😉

NiVZ

I carb count, but I don't write anything down about it and haven't done DAFNE

First Test Ready

Hello

Stage 1 is ready to test, so for anyone who wishes to try it and help me out, here's what you need to do:

1. Install Lifescan OneTouch USB Cable driver

For Windows XP install this driver: http://www.lifescan.co.uk/Data/Resources/LifeScan/Corporate/GB/en/software/USBDriverSetup.exe

For Windows 7 install this driver: http://www.prolific.com.tw/support/...none/PL2303_Prolific_DriverInstaller_v130.zip

2. Connect your data cable to the PC and wait for the Add New Hardware wizard to finish

3. Download my FINDCOM.exe program from here http://www.dafneonline.co.uk/FindCOM.exe

4. Double click FINDCOM.exe (NOTE: you don't actually need to connect the meter at this stage)

You wil get a message box saying wich COM port the data cable is connected to, or a message saying it could not be found.

Can you please post if it works or not back here please.

Thanks,

NiVZ

Hi

I will try and give this a go.

However we use Carelink which is an online downloading thing and absolutely brilliant. We download the pump to it and also our meters.

Hi Adrienne,

Appreciate if you could test it for me. I know there are a few websites out there that already have this kind of service.

A lot of people on the DAFNEonline website asked for the functionality to be added there to save having to type them in manually. So I decided to have a go at making one specifically for uploading to their website, although I can also make the program display the results on the computer screen, or output them in some report/graph format (eg PDF) as well.

It began as a 'I wonder if I can do this' and has been fun using some of the stuff I learned in Uni many years ago.

Thanks,

NiVZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back