FAO Admins - Turn on RSS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NiVZ

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hello,

I know we asked this before, but with everyone catching up with other technologies (Facebook, Twitter, etc) I thought I'd ask again.

Is there any chance we can get the vBulletin RSS feed turned on for the forum?

Even with it on, people can still choose not to use it, it's just that it's a very handy way to view only the newest/latest posts for those that do wish to access it - especially as the forum is now getting so busy.

Thanks,

NiVZ

Hello,

I know we asked this before, but with everyone catching up with other technologies (Facebook, Twitter, etc) I thought I'd ask again.

Is there any chance we can get the vBulletin RSS feed turned on for the forum?

Even with it on, people can still choose not to use it, it's just that it's a very handy way to view only the newest/latest posts for those that do wish to access it - especially as the forum is now getting so busy.

Thanks,

NiVZ

I think that it is unlikely due to the problem of sites potentially leaching our content. Not my decision, I'm afraid - it would have to be decided by Kati/Admin.

Hello,

Never thought of the stealing/leaching content aspect :(

Pity as I've written a few good RSS apps that can notify you when there are new posts, etc.

NiVZ

Hello,

Never thought of the stealing/leaching content aspect :(

Pity as I've written a few good RSS apps that can notify you when there are new posts, etc.

NiVZ

Yes, apparently there a lot of sites out there that just steal entire forums to make it look like it's their own content! We had a similar problem with blogs recently - someone in India was propulating his site with every blog fed through Diabetes Daily's RSS feed. He gave no attribution whatsoever and when I spotted it had plagiarised nearly 3000 blogs. Managed to get him stopped. They do it to boost search engine status because it makes them look very busy and popular.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back