Fantastic electrical storm

trophywench

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
...been going here since about 10.30 ish, rolling thunder, sheet lightning and rain prior to which we'd both progressively been removing clothes and taking it in turns to wipe ourselves down with a cold wet flannel, still got loads of windows open and the patio door by the side of me wide. At least there's a breeze now.

Madeline

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
So jealous, it’s still like an oven here. Send it my way please!

trophywench

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
We don't possess a thermometer (neither room, clinical nor fridge) so clueless about temp. Although, yours must be fahrenheit @Becka since centigrade 100 = boiling point.

mikeydt1

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
we had it here, went on for hours. i was really hoping it would cool things down but nope. at the moment it is 26c and that is early morning.

Robin

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Nothing here except a few distant rumbles, though there was a fantastic lighting display from the far distance.I looked at a lightning tracker website, and could see a massive storm tracking over Banbury, and then northwards towards Trophy's neck of the woods.

Pumper_Sue

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
We had the storms on Monday morning and boy did it rain as well. At least an inch of rain fell causing flash flooding locally. My Labrador slept through the lot :eek: Vets were saying a lot of dogs went missing due to bolting in fright from the storms. There was one in my estate no one knew who she belonged to. People searched and searched for the owner ended up at the vets to be cared for and sort out her health issues as rather old and poorly. No collar either so assume she a farm dog.

Becka

We don't possess a thermometer (neither room, clinical nor fridge) so clueless about temp. Although, yours must be fahrenheit @Becka since centigrade 100 = boiling point.
Sorry, it is in Fahrenheit but that was just a joke about hot it felt. I guess I must have grown up at the very end of Fahrenheit still being used as an alternative, and it must have seemed more intuitive to me as that is how I understand temperature now.

Anyway, right now it has fallen to 89.2°

mikeydt1

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
now hitting 31c outside off for a lay down just going lay on top of bed, think the bed room is cooler at the moment.

Madeline

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Just how many showers a day is reasonable?o_O

mikeyB

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Depends what you mean by a shower. Whether it’s light rain or a brief torrential downpour, it’s still a shower.

Madeline

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Soap n shampoo kind of shower lol.

scousebird

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
No thunder, lightening or rain here. It's very humid.

Robin

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I accidentally left the hall light on and the landing window open last night. I evicted 6 assorted moths, a ladybird and a grasshopper this morning.

SueEK

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
29.6 in the shade here in Brighton, can’t remember the last time we had even a drop of rain, can’t bear it. I have given the fan to the dog as she is wilting even more than me. She has a tea towel dosed in cold water rung out wrapped round her, poor animals. I need to go shopping but don’t want to close the house up as it is soo hot. Hoping for a thunderstorm to clear the air but a nice quiet one, no thunder or lightening please that will upset my dog!!! Can’t cope with her shivering, shaking and panting as well.
I guess all the hordes on the beach are loving it though :rolleyes:

Ditto

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
We can't even leave a window open because we're in a bungalow and somebody tried to nick my hose yesterday. It's an oven. :( Storms two nights on the trot but not enough to clear the air.

martindt1606

Relationship to Diabetes
Other Type
we are in Nantwich and the house shook around 00:30 with the loudest thunder. From around 22:30 we had either bright white light or flashes almost as quick as a strobe light. Currently forecast for more this evening. Could be worse than last night as temperatures at 34 and still rising.

KathC

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Soap n shampoo kind of shower lol.
I've already had 2 cold showers today.

Currently sat with minifan pointed at me. Need to go out to get some diet pop, luckily just over the road but I know I'll be begging for another shower almost straight away.

Robin

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Whoop whoop! Lightning, thunder, but more importantly, a whole 1.2cm of rain, and it’s still coming down! Temperature has plummeted from 33 to 21 in the space of an hour. My courgettes will be the size of marrows by tomorrow morning.