Family’s heartbreak after vivacious, young graphic designer died suddenly of diabetes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
A vivacious, talented graphic designer nicknamed “the fun machine,” died suddenly aged just 34 as a result of the diabetes she had suffered from since a teenager.

An inquest into Annika Mary Lyons’ death heard she did not let the chronic condition get in the way of what she wanted to do, remaining hard-working, energetic, and enjoying cycling.

But her brother Julian Lyons, who had moved from Dublin to Hackney in 2006, prompting his sister to follow, told Poplar Coroner’s Court that her diabetes had been unstable for some time.

“We didn’t really pick up on it as quick as we would have liked, she was unable to detect when her blood sugars were low, whereas initially there were quite obvious tell tale signs,” he said.

http://www.hackneygazette.co.uk/new..._designer_died_suddenly_of_diabetes_1_3813555

:(

How very sad. :( Scary reading tho, cos they don't specify what lead to that hypo. This type of article puts the fear up me, I must say.

Deep down it frightens me too Bloden. Like the girl involved "Life is For Living" & as her brother says she wouldn't let anything stop her. I would employ any T1 with that attitude. God bless her !

I agree, does scare me, especially with my 1.9 last night for no apparent reason. :(. I.
I'm sure it is a relatively rare occurrence 🙂

Sometimes you just have to switch your head off Steph don't you. No reason for lows. I am really not a nervous type person but stress gets me low :confused: Being T1 joys 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back