Fake Ozempic Bought Online was Pure Insulin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin.A

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Did anyone read this?

Her BG apparently dropped to 0.6 mmo/l after she unknowingly injected 18 units. Later, doctors told her they had never seen anyone survive that.

There have been other cases I believe in Europe where people have been so desperate to get Ozempic or similar to lose weight they have bought from unauthorized sellers/black market and I am not sure if one person hasn't died as a result. That said there are plenty of people who have died from cosmetic surgery procedures too. People are desperate for quick fixes these days.

An ozempic pen looks a bit like an insulin pen. I mean, in one of us injected 18 units accidentally it would be sweety time, but its horrible to think of someone dealing with that without an idea of whats goingbon or what to do....

.... and I read this very morning of some poor T1 bloke dying of DKA in a UK mental hospital. OK he was severely mentally ill and his family couldn't give him the care necessary and this was a 'privately run' hospital - who didn't bother to test his BG or for ketones or bother telling anyone he'd continually lost weight and acted somewhat oddly.

There but for the grace of God. RIP indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back