Fairly new diabetic struggling

Status
Not open for further replies.

tony1990

Relationship to Diabetes
MODY
Fairly new diabetic having grown up around it... its not un common I got diagnosed about 4/5 weeks ago done amazing coping with a fear of needles but its becoming daunting now always feels like a build up of anticipation and then feel needle every time even doing blood sugar levels is getting painful I'm trying to keep positive as I have my sugar levels are brilliant the last week keeping hope being type 2 mody I'm setting my personal goal to try and get healty enough to maybe stop jabs so I am keeping something to work to

Fairly new diabetic having grown up around it... its not un common I got diagnosed about 4/5 weeks ago done amazing coping with a fear of needles but its becoming daunting now always feels like a build up of anticipation and then feel needle every time even doing blood sugar levels is getting painful I'm trying to keep positive as I have my sugar levels are brilliant the last week keeping hope being type 2 mody I'm setting my personal goal to try and get healty enough to maybe stop jabs so I am keeping something to work to
Sounds like you are progressing well if you levels are good and if you have that goal of lifestyle changes it’s another positive.

Don’t let the hard times get on top of you. Set little goals taht you can achieve and that will help your long term goals.
You’ve got this

Finger pricks should not hurt so maybe you have your lancing device set too deep or are not using the best place on your finger. There are plenty of YouTube videos on best technique.

Finger pricks should not hurt so maybe you have your lancing device set too deep or are not using the best place on your finger. There are plenty of YouTube videos on best technique.
Thankyou alot of my problem I have to set it high as low settings it barley goes in I have really thick skin mechanic by trade so hands are tough at first it didn't but as times going on it is getting tough

Sounds like you are progressing well if you levels are good and if you have that goal of lifestyle changes it’s another positive.

Don’t let the hard times get on top of you. Set little goals taht you can achieve and that will help your long term goals.
You’ve got this
I have a long journey ahead of me I'm staying as positive as I can just finding the needle side daunting at first I was smashing it not a bother but that fear is coming back every time I feel the anticipation then feels needle go in every thing .... I am braving it best I can

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back