FactCheck: is the coalition destroying the NHS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Another edition of Prime Minister’s Questions, another ding-dong over the NHS.

As ever, the statistics came thick and fast as both sides tried to set out diametrically opposite views on the state of the health service.

Asked about the prospect of a crisis in A&E departments this winter, David Cameron said:

"Last week was the 27th week in a row that we met our A&E targets.”

http://blogs.channel4.com/factcheck/factcheck-coalition-destroying-nhs/16348

I don't know why they call it PMQ to be honest, it's nothing but political point-scoring from both sides. Cameron never gives a straight answer, he just tries to trawl up something from history which doesn't help us in the here and now, so it's pointless. I also find all the jeering and the fact people have to shout to be heard ridiculous, more like a school debating society than trying to work for the good of the country. Yes, I have turned into a grumpy old man! 🙄

I can remember when I first visited a friend of mine at Westminster shortly after he was elected. I was deeply shocked at the childish behaviour of MPs on the floor and also quite disgusted. I don't care if it is a tradition going back however many centuries and cannot really respect an institution that treats the nation's business so cavalierly. Some traditions need scrapping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back