Face ache

Status
Not open for further replies.

tracey w

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
:(

Just wondering if anyone else suffers with pains in the face. I have had near constant pain down one side of my face for several weeks now, and take painkillers every day :(

Just wondering if it is conected to my diabetes as am not sure, think it may be neuralgia? I had the same thing on diagnosis and the nurse told me could be that my nerve endings were sensitive as sugars were high? My bs mostly in range now so not sure what is going on.

Hi Tracey,
Sorry your not feeling too good. When i saw the title i thought straight away it must be neuralgia! I used to get it a lot - and the only thing that helped was very strong painkillers, then anti inflammatories a couple of hours later - then lying on a hot water bottle! I know how silly that sounds but it really did help the pain! Hope you feel better soon. 🙂 Bev x

Nope sorry cant connect to that

Hope it goes away soon

Hi Tracey,
Sorry your not feeling too good. When i saw the title i thought straight away it must be neuralgia! I used to get it a lot - and the only thing that helped was very strong painkillers, then anti inflammatories a couple of hours later - then lying on a hot water bottle! I know how silly that sounds but it really did help the pain! Hope you feel better soon. 🙂 Bev x

thanks Bev, how long does it generally last, ive had about 4 weeks now. And is it something you are prone too. Am seeing the doc on thursday, bu if all i can do is painkillers then i may not bother. I hate taking pills! But really popping them lately and i know its not good but the pain is awful.

I think the longest i have had it for is 10 days or so, so i would say definately go to your doctor - not because it could be something bad - just because it could be sinus trouble and you may need different things for that! And he will be able to prod the area etc and hopefully give you a more definite diagnosis. Yes i think you are prone to neuralgia if you have had it once - but i havent had it for years now - so i think you can grow out of it! Let us know how you get on.🙂 Bev

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back