Eyesight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irishmist66

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi all only b 3 been diagmosed 3 weeks ago with type 2.my vision is really blurry and am struggling to read which I love. I. Three weeks my levels are down from the 303 to 12. What I'm wondering is will staining to read make my eyes work and dies this settle soon. Any advice appreciated thank you

This can be a consequence of blood glucose levels reducing very quickly as the environment in your eye changes from being 'sugary' back to the normal salty so the shape of the eye changes altering the focal length.
It can take quite a while to settle down from weeks to months in some cases.
Some people find a cheap pair of specs can help. An optician should not be suggesting you get a new prescription whilst you have still got changing blood glucose levels.
Bringing levels down gradually is suggested to help with eye and nerve issues but it sounds as if it is a bit late now.
I am puzzled by the reduction you mention in just 3 weeks, what units are those levels 303 down to 12? Is that from a finger prick.

Sorry meant from 32 not 303 stupid eyes. I'm on metformin 2 twice a day a glicaziide 1 twice a day. I've not seen anyone yet just spoken to nurse on phone have appointment on 21st. Its just horrible. Yea optician calling me back next month didn't touch prescriptions. I have eye clinic on 29th. Thank you for replying x

Ready reader specs from a pound shop are the solution many of us opted for during this interim period until blood glucose levels stabilized in range and a we could be reasonably confident that a new prescription would be worthwhile. It is very normal to experience blurry vision during this initial 3-4 month period after treatment is commenced and your vision should return pretty much to it's previous range once you have your diabetes under better control but it does usually take 2-4 months for the focal length to readjust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back