eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentAssassin1642

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Probably nothing to worry about

but

over the past few days ive noticed that my eyes keep going a tad blurry. Last time imentioned thsi to my GP (in winch) as i was worried re the background retinopathy and she basically turned round and told me not to be so stupid. However, silly little old me keeps worrying like she does with everything...

i suppose there could be many reasons such as lack of/too much sleep, too much screen time etc etc or even (once again like with twitchy eye) the bad lighting...

any ideas?

I find i get terribley blurry eyes after lack of sleep.

what are your levels like when your eyes go blurry?

seem to be anything right now, like...normal levels. Obviously when high they go insane. I really think lack of/too much sleep is to blame, as well as too much screen time...i'm soooo tired

If your GP is not much help and you are still worried, you can always see an optician and get your eyes checked.

Lack of sleep and too much screen time seem likely causes. but getting things checked eliminates everything else.

seem to be anything right now, like...normal levels. Obviously when high they go insane. I really think lack of/too much sleep is to blame, as well as too much screen time...i'm soooo tired

yeah that will be it. you can get a glucose film (type thing) over yours eyes if your levels are very high, and presumably they'd have to be high for a while. Also you can get blurry eyes if you have a bad hypo.

yeah that will be it. you can get a glucose film (type thing) over yours eyes if your levels are very high, and presumably they'd have to be high for a while. Also you can get blurry eyes if you have a bad hypo.

yeah that happened the other day with the 1.4 :( not a nice experience

I'd see how it goes Sam, and if there's no change or it gets worse get off to an optician. I've just been to my optician (first time in 3.5 years!) and she has put my mind at rest about a lot of things - in cluding the background retinopathy! She also happened to be a Type 1!

In case you're interested, she does the eye tests at Ralph Neale's opticians - it's near the middle of town, Bedford Place. It might be helpful for you to see her rather than some random Specsaver person. Free of charge, of course!:D

I'd see how it goes Sam, and if there's no change or it gets worse get off to an optician. I've just been to my optician (first time in 3.5 years!) and she has put my mind at rest about a lot of things - in cluding the background retinopathy! She also happened to be a Type 1!

In case you're interested, she does the eye tests at Ralph Neale's opticians - it's near the middle of town, Bedford Place. It might be helpful for you to see her rather than some random Specsaver person. Free of charge, of course!:D

Thanks Northener! That sounds awesome, I'll definitely look into it, cuz well specsavers are a bit rubbish!

did you get the whole eye test free then northe? if so, good work 😎

Yup! It was very comprehensive and she didn't try to flog me anything! And she had a lovely short hairstyle (mmmmm!:D)

phew, im not the only one who gets the eye test and scan free then! I was starting to think that one day i'd be done for fraud hehe!

When I go for my retinopathy scan he makes the appointment an hour and I get it all done at once, he's very good 🙂

have you ever seen winona ryder in 'girl,interrupted' northe? 😉

ive noticed that my eyes keep going a tad blurry.
i suppose there could be many reasons such as lack of/too much sleep, too much screen time etc etc or even (once again like with twitchy eye) the bad lighting...

any ideas?

Could be dehydration. Best way to test this is to look at the colour of your urine. It should be almost colourless. If it's yellow or brown, it indicates that you are dehydrated (as most people are).

Another way to test for (severe) dehydration it to pinch the skin on the back of your hand. If it takes a while to spring back to normal, that coiuld indicate dehydration, although this also happens as you age.

Could be dehydration. Best way to test this is to look at the colour of your urine. It should be almost colourless. If it's yellow or brown, it indicates that you are dehydrated (as most people are).

Another way to test for (severe) dehydration it to pinch the skin on the back of your hand. If it takes a while to spring back to normal, that coiuld indicate dehydration, although this also happens as you age.

oh gosh........maybe thats it then.....i havent been drinking much water...rather...coffee....

ok - i have pretty poor eyesight, hence why i wear glasses. But having just taken said glasses off and seen the state they're in...im wondering if thats something to do with it. HAHAHAHAHA. Give em a clean sam!!!

ok - i have pretty poor eyesight, hence why i wear glasses. But having just taken said glasses off and seen the state they're in...im wondering if thats something to do with it. HAHAHAHAHA. Give em a clean sam!!!

Haha! Sometimes we tend to overcomplicate things!🙂

oh gosh........maybe thats it then.....i havent been drinking much water...rather...coffee....
Not sure about coffee, but tea is a diuretic and will cause you to lose water. Best thing is just plain water. Keep a glass on your desk and sip all day if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back