Eyes and what to expect

Status
Not open for further replies.

jj10125

Hello everyone,

Just looking for some advice / set expectations.

I had an eye triage this morning, I suddenly developed a permanent floater in my left eye a few days ago with blurry vision.

They've found a tear at the back of the left eye and extensive damage to blood vessels with bleeds in both eyes.

I was meant to get a call from the local eye hospital within a couple of hours, which I chased but no luck (NHS) so thinking that'll be tomorrow now.

Did get me thinking, I know very little about this type of damage (beyond it being related to late diagnoses as diabetic)

Was curious if anyone who's been through this had any advice or could tell me what to likely expect in terms of treatment etc? Help set myself up a little. Appreciate ultimately that'll be down to the treatment plan but didn't think it would hurt to ask people their experiences and learn more about what I could expect to happen.

Guess if I'm honest I'm a little scared, and it helps me to discuss sometimes the delay (thanks NHS) hasn't really helped bring that down given how alarmed they were at the appointment.

Thank you.

I have no personal experience of your particular issue but didn’t want to read and run either. Sending virtual good wishes because I know how scary eye issues can be. I had a few eye things a couple of years ago (not diabetic related).

If your eye clinic is anything like the Royal Hallamshire in Sheffield, they will be VERY thorough and won’t let you out of their care without a treatment plan in place.

Take care xx

I have no personal experience of your particular issue but didn’t want to read and run either. Sending virtual good wishes because I know how scary eye issues can be. I had a few eye things a couple of years ago (not diabetic related).

If your eye clinic is anything like the Royal Hallamshire in Sheffield, they will be VERY thorough and won’t let you out of their care without a treatment plan in place.

Take care xx
Thank you for your kind words - means a lot 🙂

A friend has just had something similar, noticed a large floater one day then the next couldn't see at all, rang his optician who said to got straight to the emergency eye clinic at the hospital. The found a tear and gave him laser treatment the same day. He had to stay as still as possible, sleep flat on his back, no bending, no lifting and no sudden movements at first. He has needed 4 treatments at weekly intervals so far and is making good progress but his vision is still a bit blurry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back