Eyeeye

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentAssassin1642

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
howdy. Right, my left eye is feeling really sticky and it feels a bit strained. Andtheres a bit of an ache going on there too.

Immediate though, holy poo its the dodgy diabetic eyes again

sense says? duh, is it really?

any ideas??

Sounds more like it might be an infection, is it red at all? Maybe you could go to your pharmacist and see if they reccommend any type of eye drops for it?

Hi Sam, I don't think the 'diabetic eye' manifests itself in that way, so it's more likely to be one of the normal things - eye strain, too much computer, an infection, tiredness etc. Have you had an eye test lately? I went to one just outside town called Ralph Neale's and the lady who did the test was Type 1 herself (17 years) so she knew exactly what was what - might be worth a check if it persists.

sounds more like an infection..see the chemist he tell you if you need to see gp for strong drops or will see if you could just use a milder one good luck!

hmm could be too much pooter i spose...have been spending a lot of time on the pooter lately. I'm actually due an eyetest and new glasses, gunna book a test next week. Usually go with specsavers for their cheap and chearful glasses lol.

If it is an infection (nooooooooooooooooo *headdesk*) then that would be rather poo eh? Hate eye drops with an utter passion so if thats the case i'll cry in a corner

If it is an infection (nooooooooooooooooo *headdesk*) then that would be rather poo eh? Hate eye drops with an utter passion so if thats the case i'll cry in a corner

I would have to get my girlfriend to put them in, I wouldn't be able to do it myself. I have a vivid memory of being held down when i was little (under 5) for eyedrops and then getting a can of coke as a treat afterwards.

Last edited:
hmm could be too much pooter i spose...have been spending a lot of time on the pooter lately. I'm actually due an eyetest and new glasses, gunna book a test next week. Usually go with specsavers for their cheap and chearful glasses lol.

You can have the eyetest anywhere AFAIK, so might be worth booking with Neale's and just buying from the SS? I liked the fact that the lady knew from personal experience about diabetes - she also took a look to see if there were any signs of the background retinopathy I'd had the letter about and was able to reassure me. (I'm not on commission BTW!)

Specsavers did my test. Puff test, photos, vision range, the lot. I told them I was diabetic beforehand and got the test for free and something off the cost of the glasses too.

My eyes do get a bit dry and sticky when I've been peering at the pooter screen too long, Optrex seems to help with that. Or if you have a cold (or was that Steff?) it can affect your eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back