Eye Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlisonM

Much missed Moderator
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
Been to Specsavers today for a very comprehensive eye test (free) and new specs (definitely not free, though I did get a twofer). I'm delighted to discover my eyesight hasn't changed much since my last test and there's no sign of any diabetes related problems. About time I had some good news. Mind you I paid for part the cost with a small lottery win, so the pain wasn't quite as great as it might have been.

im pleased to hear your eyes are ok and that you have picked some lovely glasses(how do i know that)haha. You winning on the lotto as well you lucky thing you.

Your crystal ball must be working well today! 😱

Great news re your eyes, Alison.

I had terrible trouble with mine at the start, I could hardly see at all, and unfortunately I DID have to go and get new glasses, even though they advise you not to til you've 'stabilised'. The cheap reading glasses they advise you to get as a temporary measure just didn't do the job - even the +3.5's weren't good enough. I found it quite distressing to have my vision so impaired, so it was worth paying the ?80 for new specs, even though I knew they wouldn't last long.

I did have a very teary moment when I went back to collect my new specs a week later and they were useless, as my eyes had deteriorated even further in that week!! But the Specsavers manager was lovely, and re-tested my eyes and replaced the lenses with the new prescription, free of charge.

3 months on, my eyes have virtually reverted to what they were before so i'll probably go and have them re-tested soon.

xx

nice work Alison, I'm petrified about my eye check up in December if I think about it, so I don't! Also great news about lotto, I assume it's normal lotto not euro, as to win that one you gotta live outside the uk, seriously it's in the small print mainland europe only!! (only joking, but it feels like it grrr!)

Ackchooallie, it was the Euro draw. Neener, neener.

congrats on the lottery win i am really lucky a friend of mine works at my opticians so i can use her discount on frames saves me a fortune as my hubby wears glasses as well as my daughter and she will only wear hannah montana ones

Ackchooallie, it was the Euro draw. Neener, neener.

Well bully for you!! Congrats, they must have ballsed it up that week, and thought the bonnie land was aboard! Which okay it might be but not, oh I'm getting tongue tied here! Congrats.😉

Good news about your eyes and congrats on win, it all helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back