Eye test

Status
Not open for further replies.

elwoodlpool

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
So i went for an eye test yesterday and i told the optician about the retinopathy. And the way my right eye has been i thought im gonna end up with glasses.Anyway i had the test and basically he said i don't need glasses at all. I last had an eye test in 2006 and ne said to me if i did need glasses they would be the weekest lenses ever. And because of that i dont need them.

He also looked at my eyes and said he could'nt find any evidence of retinopathy which has now got me stumped? I also explained about most of my life having floaters in the eyes and he also said its perfectly normal,

Im happy ive had this out come but still baffled he also said i should stop worrying if im ok to drive or not as my eyesight is good.

I have to go back on the 15th for a Peripheral vision check, but again he said its nothing to worry about.

Mark

That's excellent news Mark! Trust him, you're OK! 🙂 Background retinopathy can resolve itself, so it's quite possible it may show on a scan and have disappeared a little while later.

Great news about the eyes. When I mentioned retinopathy to the opticians, they said they were unable to look because they lacked that item of equipment.

As far as I am aware opticians cant look for retinopathy.......

Its simply just a close up photograph which is then studied, spotting leaks may be hard in real time with the naked eye........

Anyway, Im glad you have been re assured mate, everything is spot on.....

As far as I am aware opticians cant look for retinopathy.......

Its simply just a close up photograph which is then studied, spotting leaks may be hard in real time with the naked eye........

Anyway, Im glad you have been re assured mate, everything is spot on.....

Yes, they can - my optician checked mine last year after I had shown background retinopathy on the scans, she said she couldn't see anything, although the photos obviously give more chance of spotting anything. When I went to the eye hospital last week the consultant examined my eyes 'manually' after looking at my photos that I had just had taken minutes beforehand.

I would of thought that the leaks would have to be quite considerable for someone to see with a hand held device, thats good they can check there....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back