Eye test.

indio02

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Looking to get an eye test probably next week and as I've been officially diagnosed with T2D was told test is free. Anyone know how I can prove this to the optician? I have a perscription payment exemption card!
Thanks

Looking to get an eye test probably next week and as I've been officially diagnosed with T2D was told test is free. Anyone know how I can prove this to the optician? I have a perscription payment exemption card!
Thanks
You should get your annual retinal screening for which you should be sent an appointment annually.
If it is a eyesight test at the optician then you could say when you book your appointment and ask what they will need. Your prescription exemption certificate may be sufficient or a copy of your prescription.

Thanks

I had an eye test recently at an opticians and all they wanted to know was the name of my GP practice.

Thanks
Just tell them when you book you are diabetic and what surgery you are registered with they don’t ask for evidence (you don’t have any anyway)

Back