Status
Not open for further replies.

gll

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/Her
Hey all.

Had an eye test in Aug of 2021 and new glasses. Diagnosed in October but put off getting my eyes re-tested until bg was settled.

Some know the rollercoaster it has been and I would say finally I am about 3 weeks into fully stable figures and have been gradually getting there from about April until now from mid/high 20s to in range (so a slow and steady drop).

Do you think I have waited enough time for things to settle?
100% feel I need a different lens prescription. Should see me trying to read carbs listed on packets and even having to change the distance when dialling up my pen sometimes.

I know an free early test wont be an issue due to the reason why and as a carer I can get free glasses etc but still don't want to waste NHS money.

Thoughts? and thanks in advance x

Hey all.

Had an eye test in Aug of 2021 and new glasses. Diagnosed in October but put off getting my eyes re-tested until bg was settled.

Some know the rollercoaster it has been and I would say finally I am about 3 weeks into fully stable figures and have been gradually getting there from about April until now from mid/high 20s to in range (so a slow and steady drop).

Do you think I have waited enough time for things to settle?
100% feel I need a different lens prescription. Should see me trying to read carbs listed on packets and even having to change the distance when dialling up my pen sometimes.

I know an free early test wont be an issue due to the reason why and as a carer I can get free glasses etc but still don't want to waste NHS money.

Thoughts? and thanks in advance x
It looks as if it is your near vision that you are struggling with, so if you don't feel ready for new glasses then some cheap reading glasses might suffice temporarily.
But if you don't pay for your eye test then go for it but do explain your diabetes status and they may say hang on a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back