Eye screening

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarahb83

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Just been for my first eye screening thingy since being diagnosed in September was really worried about it from people telling me how much it stings, had it done nearly 4 hours ago now and was only uncomfortable for a few seconds been fine ever since mind I do have a bit of headache (it’s rare I get a headache) and my vision was a little blurry for an hour or so but still managed to go to the shop clothes shopping with my husband feel great nearly back to normal now but still look creepy with huge pupils was told I’ll get a letter in six or so but that my eyes look great nice and healthy so a bit reassured by that! When was your type 1 diagnosis - errr I’m type 2 - oh I assumed type 1 your age and size led me to assume type 1 does it really matter what type I am to someone screening my eyes?

my nhs healthcare in Northumberland is always good so hopefully not be to king to wait

Just been for my first eye screening thingy since being diagnosed in September was really worried about it from people telling me how much it stings, had it done nearly 4 hours ago now and was only uncomfortable for a few seconds been fine ever since mind I do have a bit of headache (it’s rare I get a headache) and my vision was a little blurry for an hour or so but still managed to go to the shop clothes shopping with my husband feel great nearly back to normal now but still look creepy with huge pupils was told I’ll get a letter in six or so but that my eyes look great nice and healthy so a bit reassured by that! When was your type 1 diagnosis - errr I’m type 2 - oh I assumed type 1 your age and size led me to assume type 1 does it really matter what type I am to someone screening my eyes?
Well it is a backhanded compliment! You are obviously slim!

Well it is a backhanded compliment! You are obviously slim!
Wouldn’t say I was slim I’m 5ft7 size 14 and still have another 2 stone to lose according to the nhs bmi chart, my diabetic nurse is a size 10 and always has been she’s been a type 2 for the last 20 years. Think Martin is right must be a common assumption still if your type 2 for the way they expect people to look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back