Eye Screening letter, what does it mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Almond_tart2021

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I had my usual eye screening back in may, and yesterday i received this letter by post, strangely dated may 26, when i had the screening, so took them a while to post it out, i do wonder if its just a copy of what was sent to GP, but i don't understand it, it looks as though some boxes should have been ticked and some comments filled in?
would appreciate anyones opion, maybe ill try calling GP surgery to see if they have a more informed letter?

Attachments

• Inkedretinopathy letter_LI.jpg
    Inkedretinopathy letter_LI.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 43
Looks like a copy of the referral information sent to your GP, you should get the appointment letter through seperately.

My letters have only given me the results in words no boxes. I have found my results in recent years have been sent out with in a week of the test.

From the very scant info it says high risk to be seen in clinic within 1 month. So obviously you unfortunately have a problem.

From the very scant info it says high risk to be seen in clinic within 1 month. So obviously you unfortunately have a problem.
But that box has not been ticked? Obviously it needs chasing up with the sender though.

But that box has not been ticked? Obviously it needs chasing up with the sender though.
The box is shown on the letter which means it’s been selected, there will be various other options not shown on the letter because they aren’t relevant to you

The box is shown on the letter which means it’s been selected, there will be various other options not shown on the letter because they aren’t relevant to you
Well, when something says "tick one" I expect to see a tick! But I see what you mean. If that's the only intimation the OP has had of a potential problem it's an appalling example of patient communication.

thanks for your replies, i have emailed the hospital and asked for an explanation, if i don't hear from them , i will call my gp surgery as it looks as though its's a copy of the letter sent to them as it says Dear Dr, if it is a case i should have had an appointment within one month, that's concerning that the letter got posted 7 weeks after it was printed! hopefully ill find out soon, its just last year when i had the eye screening they just said i would hear from them in a week if any further treatment was required, i never heard from them so just presumed everything was fine, as i've had good blood sugar control and normal blood pressure and cholesterol i thought i was chugging along quite nicely:D

thanks for your replies, i have emailed the hospital and asked for an explanation, if i don't hear from them , i will call my gp surgery as it looks as though its's a copy of the letter sent to them as it says Dear Dr, if it is a case i should have had an appointment within one month, that's concerning that the letter got posted 7 weeks after it was printed! hopefully ill find out soon, its just last year when i had the eye screening they just said i would hear from them in a week if any further treatment was required, i never heard from them so just presumed everything was fine, as i've had good blood sugar control and normal blood pressure and cholesterol i thought i was chugging along quite nicely:D
Hope you get the answers you want

an appointment letter for eye clinic arrived in post today, for four weeks time, so ill find out my fate then
thanks for your replies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back