Eye Screen Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

gll

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/Her
Had my results from my eye screen. Previous screen was feb 21 and a lot went wrong after that until I went onto insulin (consistently very high numbers etc) so I would assume issues will have stemmed from that and I now have the tools to keep issues down to a dull roar 😉

background retinopathy (mild) was on my previous results but the maculopathy ones are new.
Any idea what the 2 terms mean?
Letter I got posted just said the usual changes/don't worry/see you for annual screen next year.

eye reults.png

Really sorry to hear this Lou although good to hear that you don't need any treatment for it and hopefully it will have stabilized or possibly resolved itself by your next scan, especially now that you are on insulin and CGM. Afraid I can't help with explaining the difference between the two, but I am hoping to learn like you, from anyone else more knowledgeable and prepared to explain it. I kind of understand the retina but not the macular aspect.

Reactions: gll
Observable and non-referable both sound like the equivalent of background retinopathy. The next level up would then be referable where you’d need more checks I think maculopathy is basically retinopathy that affects the macula? Imagine it’s more complicated in reality

No idea if this will add to your understanding? It seems to be guidance for people reviewing the photos and HCPs about the classifications

I would imagine (perhaps wrongly!) that observable is a step down from non-referrable? In that it can be observed, but no more than that?

My guess would be:
Observable > Non-referrable > Referrable

???

Edited to add: This PDF seems to back up that thinking with M0, M1, and M2 classifications.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back