Eye problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

KateAdy29

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi,
I am type 2, On Saturday afternoon I went for a meal with my friends. When I looked at the menu card, the sight in my left eye was cloudy, like it was smudged. I thought it would go after a while, but two days later it is still the same and I can't see out of it. Is this something I should be worried about?.I would be grateful for any comments. Thank you.
Katie

A+E, Walk in centre or even Optician soon as possible, and yes i would be very worried about it.

Last edited:
Nothing more precious than sight.

Agreed, it may be not connected to your diabetes so you should get immediate attention. I would avoid any sudden movements of your head.

Reactions: Kol
Hi,
I am type 2, On Saturday afternoon I went for a meal with my friends. When I looked at the menu card, the sight in my left eye was cloudy, like it was smudged. I thought it would go after a while, but two days later it is still the same and I can't see out of it. Is this something I should be worried about?.I would be grateful for any comments. Thank you.
Katie
Kate - when your sugars are high the fluid in your eye becomes cloudy (with the excess glucose) and it makes your vision blurry. I’ve noticed my eyesight varies from pin sharp to difficult to see depending on my blood sugar - however its both eyes not one. My local hospital has a dedicated eye A&E - i’d go get it checked out there as advised by others

Hi,
Katie

Sorry to hear about the changes you spotted in your vision @KateAdy29 :(

Did you try to get your eyes checked? If A&E seems overwhelming, could you book an urgent appointment with an optician? Or visit your GP?

Let us know how you get on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back