Eye Appointment tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flutterby

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Got my 6 monthly eye check tomorrow, hate those appointments. Hate the drops, hate the waiting, hate the whole lot of it! Had my laser treatment 12 months ago so hope everything still ok. Just needed to let everyone know that I hate it! :(

I now hate them too! The actual appointment wasn't bad, but then they went and found something and I have to go to the eye hospital in November :(

Hope yours are hunky dory and the appointment is a speedy one! 🙂

Aww Northerner, it's horrid, horrid, horrid. I don't seem to get a retinal photo done now, I have someone peering in my eyes instead and confusing me with left and right, hope things aren't too bad when you go in November. hugs.x

I wish you luck flutter im now off to read your blog

I hope everything is OK and the eye exam goes well. Any eye exam with drops is not fun at all.

Not only do I hate the eye drops, waiting etc etc..

It's the travelling side of it that really gets my goat big time..

Can't go to my cottage hospital out-patients eye clinic which is 2 miles down the road from me, they've only got very basic kit there... So a 30 miles round trip to the main hospital eye clinic, where if laser treatment required can be done straight away etc...

But my husband doesn't drive, public transport is dreadful to say the least and you know to make your appointment on time, you got to leave home a couple hours before, then you have to wait a couple hours to get a bus back!!!

And so far my appointments goes!

Drops done, hang around for enternity.. Then get called in.

Eye's check, look left, look right, look up, look down etc..

Them- They looking fine no problems..
How long have you been a diabetic?

Me - 21 years now (last visit)

Them- Well by looking at your eye's you wouldn't think so, are you sure?

Me - Yes I'm sure, you got my medical notes, check in there I can give you the month and year if you want?

Them-- No that's not need, see you in 6 months!

This takes 10 minutes, but by the time I get home I have been out for around 8 hours😱 When I was working it meant I lost a day's pay or a day's holiday to attend..

Been having this converstation on a 6 monthly routine for around 15 years now, and I've never required any treatment so why on earth can't they just let me go to my out-patients? Nope in case I need laser treatment😱

Hope everythings ok, there not fun at all. Just a lighter note my son used to come with me and he thought it was funney when we came out in the sun and Icould not see. He would run all the way home saying , you carnt see what Im doing and then it was can you see me Mam. By then Iwas ready to give him a slap. Well hes 35 now so gess Idident slap him that much haha

Hope everythings ok, there not fun at all. Just a lighter note my son used to come with me and he thought it was funney when we came out in the sun and Icould not see. He would run all the way home saying , you carnt see what Im doing and then it was can you see me Mam. By then Iwas ready to give him a slap. Well hes 35 now so gess Idident slap him that much haha

Ooh what a naughty little rascal!! My dad usually comes with me but I don't know why as he can't even find his way out of the hospital let alone get me home safe!! Hubby coming this time being as he's unemployed - see if he copes!

Ellie, that's plain stupid isn't it? Luckily for me our hospital is local but for you it's such a nightmare and probably for loads of other people too. All on the off chance that you need treatment. If I need treatment they will make another appt, I would have thought that was standard procedure. Thanks for your good wishes.x

Oh and by the way - are you sure you've been diabetic that long??!!

I try and post a different poem each day, Steff, today's is about the "Horrid Hospital Appointment"

Thanks for your good wishes.x

Wow i was so drawn in by broken world, and thought your winter draws on is so current off out i went this morning with my gloves and scarf on lol.You have a really creative mind flutterby keep up the good work..

You and Northerner should team up and do a book...

I've done a bit of "self publishing" but would love to get "properly published" don't think poetry is a big money spinner though. My friend from church calls me "poetess laureate" it's ok till he sees me in Tesco and yells "hello poetess laureate" :D

Hi Flutter hope it all went ok at the appointment x

I shall have to go a read these peoms!!

Flutterby
Oh yes I'm sure it's that long LOL

My son is a constant reminder of when I came diabetic, all I do is add 8 months onto his age.. As I was given the news of my diabetes in the same phone call to say I was pregnant😱

Flippen heck it's 22 years now😱🙂

Love your poems Flutterby 🙂

Hope your appointment goes well.

I have got my first eye appointment to look forward to in November 😉

Thank you all so much for your thoughts, other friends don't really know why I get so anxious and it's great to have support from people who really understand. It all went as well as it could do, no further deterioration from 6 months ago and the retinopathy doesn't need lasering "at the moment". The doc was really shocked about my stroke. He said "well how old are you?" I said,"44" so then he went through the list - ever smoked - no, blood pressure probs - no! In the end he said "lets look at your eyes" He probably thought "lets get her out of here quick!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back