Extreme urination

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brizzo1870

Relationship to Diabetes
At risk of diabetes
Hi folks
is the above normal when pre diabetic, I need to go to the toilet every time I drink fluids.

Hi and welcome.

At prediabetic levels your diabetes is extremely unlikely to be causing you to urinate frequently, so I would be looking at other possibilities. Perhaps related to menopause if you are female or prostate if you are male. I think a discussion with your GP may be the way forwards.

It's age in my case.

It's difficult to answer,
Excessive weeing is down to the kidneys trying to remove excess sugar, leading to dehydration, then the need to drink in type 2.
Just prediabetic wouldn't be the same as a greater hba1c.
But it's going to be personal either way.

Hi folks
is the above normal when pre diabetic, I need to go to the toilet every time I drink fluids.
Hello @Brizzo1870 ,

Welcome to the forum. Did your health care team inform you of your HbA1c? You will usually not have symptoms if you were diagnosed as pre diabetic. It may be helpful to explain some of your symptoms with your GP. It could also be other factors as well.

Apparently, > 10mmol/l is when the kidneys will remove glucose from the blood.

When the kidneys are both working 100% normal I've always been told that is actually when blood glucose gets to 13.0. However aged 68 like @Brizzo1870 profile says they are - whether they are working optimally is anyone here's guess - we all know that some bits of our bodies don't do that as we get older - but there again needs checking out specifically with our doctor/nurse at the very least before assuming Oh it's something else we already know about that must be causing this as well.

Hi folks
Some people's bladder is sensitive to caffeine or could you have a UTI.
Some blood pressure medications can cause people to need the loo more frequently or you may just be drinking too much. They now seem to suggest that all the messages about drinking plenty is overkill and people don't need to drink quite so much in most cases.
If it doesn't improve then have a word with your doctor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back