Extreme Tiredness and Fatigue , Excessive Urination and Dry Mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taffyboyslim

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
These are my main symptoms at the moment

Some days they really cause me a lot of distress and depression

My ever so helpful diabetes nurse has increased my slow release metformin to 2 x 750 a day and I am 5 mg of saxagliptin?

I have cut my carbs drastically and the symptoms seem worse .....the nurse did say this could be my body adjusting ?

Have others got through these annoying side effects of diabetes ?

Do you have a BG meter @Taffyboyslim ? What sorts of levels do you see at home?

Hope your symptoms reduce as you stick with your new way of eating. Getting positive results would be a real encouragement to continue.

Do you have a means of checking for ketones (you can get a pot of 50 urine ketostix for about £5 in a pharmacy).

Are you losing weight (without meaning to?)

Do you have a BG meter @Taffyboyslim ? What sorts of levels do you see at home?

Hope your symptoms reduce as you stick with your new way of eating. Getting positive results would be a real encouragement to continue.

Do you have a means of checking for ketones (you can get a pot of 50 urine ketostix for about £5 in a pharmacy).

Are you losing weight (without meaning to?)

No I don't

Where can I get one ?

What do the keto sticks show ?

My weight is stable , I have lost muscle mass but I am 2 stone over weight

No I don't

Where can I get one ?

What do the keto sticks show ?

My weight is stable , I have lost muscle mass but I am 2 stone over weight

For self-funding the most affordable and reliable meters members here have found are the SD Gluco Navii or the Spirit Tee2 - which both have test strips at around £10 for 50.

These give you a ‘snapshot’ moment in time of your glucose level. You can use this checking before and 2hrs after eating to see how you respond to different meals and types of carbs, adjusting portion sizes if your BG rises by more than 2-3mmol/L at the 2hr mark.

Ketones check whether your body is breaking down fats which can happen if you don’t have enough circulating insulin. If you are following a carefully low carb menu, still seeing very high BGs, losing muscle mass, and have rising levels of ketones you may want to call NHS 111 for advice.

the gluco navi is easy to use i got one online. keep on the low carb and keep looking at your stats. maybe ask the doc for an update x

For self-funding the most affordable and reliable meters members here have found are the SD Gluco Navii or the Spirit Tee2 - which both have test strips at around £10 for 50.

These give you a ‘snapshot’ moment in time of your glucose level. You can use this checking before and 2hrs after eating to see how you respond to different meals and types of carbs, adjusting portion sizes if your BG rises by more than 2-3mmol/L at the 2hr mark.

Ketones check whether your body is breaking down fats which can happen if you don’t have enough circulating insulin. If you are following a carefully low carb menu, still seeing very high BGs, losing muscle mass, and have rising levels of ketones you may want to call NHS 111 for advice.
Thank you

My nurse at the last appointment said she felt 3 monthly full bloods were appropriate for me at present

Maybe stress and anxiety is having a psychosomatic effect on my condition ?

I am still dealing with bereavement , I have no support from my family and I am facing a house move . Its all a bit much on top of this condition .

Maybe stress and anxiety is having a psychosomatic effect on my condition ?

Stress, anxiety, and bereavement/grief can certainly affect BG levels. Stress hormones can have a direct effect on glucose levels.

Your symptoms all point to high BG and are exactly what I was experiencing pre-diagnosis (my urine was also very dark - how's yours?), so if I was in your position I wouldn't wait 3 months for another HbA1c no matter what my DN said but get myself a meter so I could see what was going on.

Last edited:
Hi Taffyboyslim, im exeriencing exactly the same symptoms as you plus mildhadaches !my dry mouth is deiving me insane and i have just stockd up on sugar free gum.did you buy a blood glucose monitor? I wouldnt know how to use one.my dabetic nurse increased my Netformin but said i ahouldnt test because it would make me feel anxious.but im really worrying that my blood sugar is really bady controlled and i fer thT using a monitor can help me get control and i can then adjust what i eat.

I meant to ask what is saxaglyptin ? I was thinking phoning my gp for a medication review.

Hi Taffyboyslim, im exeriencing exactly the same symptoms as you plus mildhadaches !my dry mouth is deiving me insane and i have just stockd up on sugar free gum.did you buy a blood glucose monitor? I wouldnt know how to use one.my dabetic nurse increased my Netformin but said i ahouldnt test because it would make me feel anxious.but im really worrying that my blood sugar is really bady controlled and i fer thT using a monitor can help me get control and i can then adjust what i eat.

I saw my nurse today and she provided me with a blood glucose monitor

I think if you are anxious then you need to see her again

I suffer with serious anxiety that prevents me from working . If your anxiety is as bad as that then I think a blood glucose monitor would help reassure you

Thanks for your replies! I might speak to GP and bypass diabetic nurse.

My nurse is easier to see than my gp and she can prescribe medication , she's a nurse practitioner

Maybe see if yours can do the same

I saw my nurse today and she provided me with a blood glucose monitor

I think if you are anxious then you need to see her again

I suffer with serious anxiety that prevents me from working . If your anxiety is as bad as that then I think a blood glucose monitor would help reassure you
Thanks T! Problems are still ongoing and i need to speak to D Nurse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back