Extra sticky pad for Libre Sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.
To go over the sensor to help it attach?

To aid sticking to my arm I use skin tac.
Then to cover it I use two covers (due to sport and the danger of it ripping off). I’ll have to find the name - I need to order more.

I use an elasticated strap with a 3D printed watch face which fits neatly around the circumference of the sensor. This has made a significant difference for me in aiding the sensor's own adhesion as well as protecting the sensor from being snagged on clothing when dressing and undressing or sweaty horses scrubbing their bridled faces against me or me catching it on cupboard doors or feed bins when reaching in. It also acts as a visual reminder when I am in the shower or getting dried, not to accidentally scrub that arm as the adhesive becomes more vulnerable in hot water. I managed to scrub a couple of sensors loose in the shower prior to getting the arm strap simply because I forgot it was there.

I used to use the bands and can recommend them

Unless you expect the sensor to get very wet for prolonged time - not just having a shower - it is more important to get placement correct than needing an over patch.
By placement, I mean preparation of your skin and location of sensor.
For skin preparation, ensure your arm is clean, dry and moisturiser free. I place my sensor after showering. If this is not possible, I wipe my skin with alcohol. I use surgical spirit. Others use single use alcohol wipes.
Location of sensor is away from somewhere you may catch so on the back rather than side of arm. And on a part of the arm that does not flex.
I find the best location is high and far back - nearly in my arm out and nearly on my shoulder.

Following this approach and regularly exercising, I have not lost a sensor for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back