Expired Libre Sensors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucyr

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I’ve been using an expired libre 1 sensor today, so in case anyone cares, here’s how it’s going.

The sensor expired in Feb 2022, I was warned to take it off if I felt any discomfort and to fingerprick if the readings felt off. I’ve also done fingerpricks before driving as I’d rather not risk any issues with my licence should I crash.

Applied it after a shower last night, usual spot on the arm. Was concerned it might not be that sticky so I scrubbed well in the shower and used both alcohol swabs provided.

Started it up last night without any bedding in time other than the usual one hour. BGs a bit high but seems close enough for me so far

FP 7.9 L 7.7
FP 12.8 L 12.3
FP 12.8 L 12.2

Well the first few days were spot on but today it’s looking a bit dodgy. I know they’re always more out at higher levels, and not been drinking much especially for being high so maybe it’s a bit of dehydration but today:

Morning 24.5 finger vs. 18.2 libre
Evening 18.2 finger vs 11.1 libre

It’s on day 5 so going to work on having a drink and corrections and see how it does when bgs more normal

Morning 24.5 finger vs. 18.2 libre
Evening 18.2 finger vs 11.1 libre

It’s on day 5 so going to work on having a drink and corrections and see how it does when bgs more normal
Yes, I wouldn't read anything into those figures. (Other than you were high.)

Yes, I wouldn't read anything into those figures. (Other than you were high.)
I’m definitely high, after dinner comparison was 20.2 finger, 13.3 libre. I’ll get drinking!

Maybe drinking and correcting worked, this sensors got some more convincing me to do yet though as normally they’d be a bit closer in line even when high.

Finger 6.4 libre 5.5 this morning seems a much more normal discrepancy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back