Experts launch diabetes care home training programme

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
The Institute of Diabetes for Older People (IDOP) has produced a new diabetes care home training and educational course in a bid to improve the current poor standards of care.

In response to a growing demand to raise the quality of diabetes care in care homes, IDOP has developed a comprehensive training programme, including teaching from leading experts, an authoritative workbook and a suite of e-learning modules.

The programme covers such topics as understanding diabetes and treating diabetes, including how to manage a hypoglycaemic episode, as well as issues specifically relating to diabetes in care homes.

http://www.carehome.co.uk/news/article.cfm/id/1563752/experts-launch-diabetes-care

Errr, lovely.

What about the crusty old T1s ........

My T2 friend was a Sister in a nursing home. She used to go potty that no-one else knew what to do with anyone on insulin, and there was a total lack of urgency treating hypos!

Errr, lovely.

What about the crusty old T1s ........

My T2 friend was a Sister in a nursing home. She used to go potty that no-one else knew what to do with anyone on insulin, and there was a total lack of urgency treating hypos!

Don't people get T1 as kids then grow out of it? :confused:😱🙄

Oh yeah. I forgot that.

Well what are you gonna do when you grow up Alan? I haven't decided yet, plenty of time for that ......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back