Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetsatin

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
My expert programme starts this weds afternoon
will let you all know how i get on at each session. 🙂
Looking forward to it.

Please do sweet i knew it was coming up but i thought it was tuesday,caroline will be in her 3rd session this week so you and her can have a good chat about it,as you knw i did mine back in jan/feb and im forever dipping back into my handbook for info.

I will compare notes 🙂
Thanks Steff

Starts today will report back later 🙂

I hope that you find it beneficial. I'm looking forward to hearing how it went later x

Hi all
well wk 1
This was just an introduction really, paired up with someone else then introduced them to the group, those of us who had partners had to team up & say what our reactions were when being diagnosed for the first time.
Most embaracing on my part, my OH said i was in denial & i kept saying why me & never stopped crying & being really snappy towards him saying you don't understand & that he was lucky he can eat what he likes but i can't.....
He was honest it's true, i broke down in tears as if i was freshly diagnosed all over again, so embaracing i guess i'm still in denial hey....

We also went through the routine of what is diabetes & why it's important to exercise, also the importance of medication, urine/blood tests & what they mean.

Next week will be more interesting
Weight management, energy balance of good health, eat well plate.
looking forward to it.

Hi all
well wk 1
This was just an introduction really, paired up with someone else then introduced them to the group, those of us who had partners had to team up & say what our reactions were when being diagnosed for the first time.
Most embaracing on my part, my OH said i was in denial & i kept saying why me & never stopped crying & being really snappy towards him saying you don't understand & that he was lucky he can eat what he likes but i can't.....
He was honest it's true, i broke down in tears as if i was freshly diagnosed all over again, so embaracing i guess i'm still in denial hey....

We also went through the routine of what is diabetes & why it's important to exercise, also the importance of medication, urine/blood tests & what they mean.

Next week will be more interesting
Weight management, energy balance of good health, eat well plate.
looking forward to it.

Hey hun very much the same as what my first session went like, my Oh never went to any as he had work committments but hun dont be embarrest its nothing none of the others have not gone through, i have broke down the last twice i have seen my DSN and he is a bloke so that was very awkward but it is not a crime , im pleased your oh is going with you is he going to them all?

keith will be with me for all the sessions as he has juggled work around things bless him 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back