Expert Course day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caroline Wilson

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Today is the day I start my expert course, the one my doctor said din't exist because he had never heard of it. I got myself a nice new note book to make notes in and smoe nice new pens to write with.

My manager has given me duites at our building near home so I have plenty of time to get there (I will only have to work from 8am till 11.30 at the latest) and hubby will make me a sandwich so I can eat before I go.

I'll be back later or tomorrow to let everyone know how I get on.

It is a brilliant course - enjoy

Good luck Caroline I hope you get as much from it as i did x will look forward to hearing about it.

sorry to go off thread but donald i love your new piccie !! is it snowing up there yet i see its forcast !

Good luck hope all goes well. I'm going to ask about the various courses (again) when I have my next check up.

Good luck caroline,
would be nice to compare notes mine starts may 5th
looking forward to it 🙂

Good luck caroline,
would be nice to compare notes mine starts may 5th
looking forward to it 🙂

I knew someone else was starting one not long after Caroline just could not remember who.🙂

sorry to go off thread but donald i love your new piccie !! is it snowing up there yet i see its forcast !

Hi am64 No it is not snowing but it has been all seasons in the couple of weeks rain wind sleet with a few warm days

I hope you found your course useful today x

Expert Course Week 1

Hi everyone thanks for support. Am back after a very interesting afternoon. Although I didn't learn anything I didn't already know, it confirmed a lot of what I did know.

We covered self monitoring,;medication;health results and what they mean;health and lifestyle experiment and makingplans and setting goals for change.

There should have been 16 people on the course, but only 8 arrived. As we all have very different stories of our diagnosis and care, we benefited more from the experience of others rather than course content.

Length of time since diagnosis varied from a few months to 10 years.

nice one Caroline getting experience from anywhere is better then nothing, we only had half the invited people turn up to x whats week 2 covering ?

Week 2 is covering weight management and related issues.

Hi everyone thanks for support. Am back after a very interesting afternoon. Although I didn't learn anything I didn't already know, it confirmed a lot of what I did know.

We covered self monitoring.

What did they say about T2s testing ?

What did they say about T2s testing ?

It was up to the individual, they weren't going to suggest it but wouldn't stop you if you wanted to or asked for it.

I had to go out of my health care area to get this course as there are none in Greenwich and different areas have different policies on testing, so it is a post code lottery. I can test but had problems getting the course, most of the people I am with are not encouraged to test but got on the course easily.

there are lots of things that doctor never heard of .......not all doctors know everything

did you get the blue x-pert hand book?

Sorry I should have answered this before. Yes I did. I got to the place a bit early and as the ladies were setting up, they were talking about having a new version with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back