Experimented tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Humza

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I was diagnosed with diabetis 9 months ago an trying to deal with it my way. My whole diet has changed.

So, today I took my BG level before eating and it was 6.1

I ate chicken and sweet potato and after 2 hours my BG was 7.3. It was time to eat again after the two hours.

So this time I did something I do not normally do. I had KFC ...A zinger burger, chips and a Pepsi Max. After 2 hours I checked my BG level and it was had gone from 7.3 to 7.7.

I was very surprised at the reading only going up by .4. ( i have not had white rice, white bread or fizzy drinks of any kind for 9 months and have been eating clean )

The bgs are good but I am wondering why you say 2 hours after you ate it was time to eat another meal. Are you on a diet where you need to eat a meal every 2 hours?

That was also my reaction. To eat 2 hours after your last meal is quite a short gap.
I would say it is more like 5 to 6 hours between meals that I have, just a drink in between.
So it is not surprising that you would still be at a higher level by the time of your second meal.
I would not draw too much conclusion from a one off testing.

I read it as two hours after the two hours, so four hours between meals. Maybe I’m wrong.

That was also my reaction. To eat 2 hours after your last meal is quite a short gap.
I would say it is more like 5 to 6 hours between meals that I have, just a drink in between.
So it is not surprising that you would still be at a higher level by the time of your second meal.
I would not draw too much conclusion from a one off testing.
I am happy with my readings. To go from
Hi very interesting. What was your fasting sugar this morning ?
Didnt check 🙂

To eat such a poor meal and for the BG to only go up by .4 in my eyes is amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back