Experiencing Tingling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midget

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I currently take metformin 1000mg once a day to control my type 2 diabetes. For around a month I have been experiencing pins and needles in hands, feet and face. My GP did the normal blood tests and said that there were no issues. My long term blood test result was 43. Last years test showed 48. Could it be that iam in remission and dont need metformin? The dr has told me to stay on them and to take another medication to stop relieve my pins and needles. Iam really reluctant to do this. Some help would be appreciated.

I currently take metformin 1000mg once a day to control my type 2 diabetes. For around a month I have been experiencing pins and needles in hands, feet and face. My GP did the normal blood tests and said that there were no issues. My long term blood test result was 43. Last years test showed 48. Could it be that iam in remission and dont need metformin? The dr has told me to stay on them and to take another medication to stop relieve my pins and needles. Iam really reluctant to do this. Some help would be appreciated.
You would not be considered to be in remission unless you have 2 consecutive HbA1C tests of below 42mmol/mol without medication.
You are doing well to reduce your HbA1C but only mention metformin not dietary changes to reduce carbohydrates which will help bring blood glucose down. You may be wise to review your diet to make sure you have not drifted.

Hello @Midget and welcome to the forum.
Not everything is caused by diabetes, so ask your GP for a referral to see a neurologist. I told my GP many years ago I had pins and needles which came and went and it was not pleasant, he sent me for scans which showed I had MS. Pins and needles on your face I would suspect is nothing what so ever to do with diabetes neuropathy which I suspect your GP is treating you for.
Push for answers and don't take no for an answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back