Experiences with Ozempic?

fatbill

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Having finally been reviewed by the local Diabetes Centre, it was decided that I should stick with the Empagliflozin at 25mg, and also go on Ozempic weekly injections.
I've done 4 weeks at 0.25mg, and 2 weeks at 0.5 mg, 6 weeks of absolute misery.
Bowel movements ranging from rock-solidly painful to fully liquid surprises, now seemingly settled at the liquid stage. Sorry for the graphic descriptions.
Spoke to the Centre this week, they said I could either persevere to see if the symptoms subsided, or just stop using the Ozempic and see what happens.
Unable to face much more of the current situation, I have decided that Ozempic isn't for me.
Combine eating little and sleeping even less, the choice was simple.
Although Ozempic certainly seemed to work, with BG levels between 5 and 6 mmol at any time of the day, the pain, inconvenience and downright embarrassment of it all rules it out.
One saving grace is that my Parkinson's means I wear incontinence pads 24/7, and they are shaped in such a way that full-blown accidents are mostly rare.

I look forward to seeing what the doctors have in mind for 'Plan B'.

I also look forward to my digestive system returning to normal.

Apparently Ozempic takes 4 or 5 weeks to clear from the body.

Having finally been reviewed by the local Diabetes Centre, it was decided that I should stick with the Empagliflozin at 25mg, and also go on Ozempic weekly injections.
I've done 4 weeks at 0.25mg, and 2 weeks at 0.5 mg, 6 weeks of absolute misery.
Bowel movements ranging from rock-solidly painful to fully liquid surprises, now seemingly settled at the liquid stage. Sorry for the graphic descriptions.
Spoke to the Centre this week, they said I could either persevere to see if the symptoms subsided, or just stop using the Ozempic and see what happens.
Unable to face much more of the current situation, I have decided that Ozempic isn't for me.
Combine eating little and sleeping even less, the choice was simple.
Although Ozempic certainly seemed to work, with BG levels between 5 and 6 mmol at any time of the day, the pain, inconvenience and downright embarrassment of it all rules it out.
One saving grace is that my Parkinson's means I wear incontinence pads 24/7, and they are shaped in such a way that full-blown accidents are mostly rare.

I look forward to seeing what the doctors have in mind for 'Plan B'.

I also look forward to my digestive system returning to normal.

Apparently Ozempic takes 4 or 5 weeks to clear from the body.
What utter misery for you, I hope it gets out of your system quickly and you get some relief.

Yes you should find it slowly returns to normal as it takes a good month to build up the dose so will take the same to wear out. Hopefully the improvements will start soon.

Hi I was on ozempic for 6 months I had the same as you did . Doctors said it would pass after time it doesn't so I stopped it. So now I am on trulicity part of the same group as ozempic . It works fine on me now I am on 1.5mgs a week and helps my sugar alot .

Thanks for all your input. I'm getting back to some sort of normality.
My BG levels are stable between 5 and 8.5 mmol.
I have yet to contact the Diabetes Centre...I may well give it another week or so just to make sure things are stable.
I'm still taking Empagliflozin at 25mg a day.

Thank goodness things are settling for you @fatbill

And thankfully your BGs seem to be more or less cooperating

Thank you all for your comments.
No more diarrohea, everything back to normal.
I will speak with the Diabetes Centre to see where we go from here.
Currently dealing with Balanitis, but the creams seem to be getting well on top of it. Another diabetes side-effect, I think.

Back