Experience with ccgs

Status
Not open for further replies.

HalfpipMarathon

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I wasn't sure which thread to post the following on:

Last year my Dr said that eventually all diabetics regardless of type, whether on insulin or not especially the latter in respect of type 2 would be offered Libre 2 on prescription. If I am honest I will believe it when I see it especially as some type 1s struggle to get them on prescription depending on where you live in the UK.

She said that if you don't know what your blood sugar is doing how can you take appropriate steps. Yet the Nurse said they don't encourage type 2s not on insulin to test!

Part of me feels all diabetics insulin or not should be offered Libre 2 doesn't mean everyone will accept but the other part of me feels that I would feel under pressure to justify being given it.

I'm due to get my HbA1c blood tests done next week and although not looking forward to the results even though I can't do anything about what has happened with my sugars prior to this, thinking about getting a Libre 2 tomorrow so will have 5 days until my blood tests and 9 days following is it worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back